June 2013 Moms
Options

Sex

Okay so I need to know, am I the only one with this issue. I have Absolutley no sexual interest at all since about the 2nd tri. Even when we are trying to be intimate it doesn't work And I have such a hard time getting aroused. I have never had an issue with sex before! I am hoping after the baby my sex drive goes back to normal

Re: Sex

• Options
    I've told my husband it won't happen until August at the earliest.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageCarolynL8:
    We havent done it in a few weeks mainly bc my lady parts ended up swollen last time. So doing the deed is off the table.

Then, do the deed somewhere else. lol ;p 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You don't even want to know how long it's been for us! My poor husband, he's such a trooper!  I have little interest in it in general, but add pregnancy to the table and little becomes zero.  I have also noticed I'm not getting aroused as easily as I used to.  I'm chalking it up to hormones and my ever-changing body.  Hopefully it'll go back to normal by the end of the summer.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is definitely lower than it was earlier on in the pregnancy.  It's due mainly to being super crampy like period cramps all the time and feeling so roly-poly.  I'm hoping that after baby things will be back to normal eventually but for the meantime at least my boyfriend is understanding and doesn't push the issue when I'm not feeling up to it.
  • Options
    I have ZERO sex drive. I feel so bad for DH. Its hard to "force" it when I really have no desire for sex.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem getting aroused but I cannot stay that way. I'm ready to be done in about 5 minutes
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    DH and I did it for the first time in two months yesterday, and then I was told I'm not allowed to by my OB today.

I had NO DRIVE, and right when I get it back I get the chastity belt on. Humph.
  • Options

Mine is lower than pre-pregnancy as well but there are times it kicks in.  It is harder to hit the O but what do you expect with a big belly getting in the way.  DH also has some "issues" with Peanut being "right" there as he says.

PS. I plan to be having sex at 38-39 weeks.  It's what got DS out (had sex and water broke 4-5 hrs later) so I'm hoping it will work this time as well. 

• Options
    We have sex 12 a week but its nothing like before. And I also plan to continue having it up until my due date and alot more frequently to get DS out. LOL I'm so ready!
  • Options

imageCoffeeBeanFiend91:
    I don't have a problem getting aroused but I cannot stay that way. I'm ready to be done in about 5 minutes

This. I feel exhausted and uncomfortable after only a few minutes. Then I'll have a  swollen crotch for a while after. We haven't had sex in like 3-4 weeks :(

• Options
    I honestly can't remember the last time we had sex, though I know it's been a couple months. The last time we tried it hurt so much it stopped before it really got started. My interest has been zero for most of the pregnancy. (I was really hoping for that 2nd Tri sex-drive to kick in... nope, no such luck!) The few times I feel the urge coming on, DH is at work. By the time he's home, that feeling is long gone Sad
  • Options
    We've had failed sex once since we made this baby. I just can't find a position that works for both of us, and my husband is one of those men who isn't attracted to a pregnant body. It's not his fault, it's not my fault. It just is. And it just sucks. I'm worried that after the baby comes he won't want me at all anymore, but that's something I'll have to deal with.
  • Options

I didn't have a huge sex drive to begin with, but what little I did have is definitely gone.  DH normally would like to have sex everyday, but even he's not as interested these days.  Something about being able to see baby moving in my belly really kills the mood ...

Though I should add - we'll definitely be putting the effort in to up the frequency once I hit 37 weeks.   

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member

I haven't had interest in sex either, but I did get some on Sunday and broke the 3 month dry spell.. it didnt hurt like I thought it would. I just feel GROSS.

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    MissDeiMissDei member
    hubby is extremely understanding, but I still have a little bit of a sex drive so we go for it sometimes. Figured out LOTS of lube helps. lol. Even still, my stamina isn't what it used to be in 2nd trimester, so, I'm willing to try for as long as I can before LO is born, but, I might be done having sex for awhile in a few weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did just remember a kinda funny story about this topic...a few months ago DH and I were having some sexy time and I got so out of breath that I started to hyperventilate and started to cry right in the middle of everything. I felt so horrible and DH felt even worse. Ever since then its kinda been a downward slope as far as sex drive goes lol
  • Options
    kimx86kimx86 member
    I had no interest at all for the first trimester, dished it out periodically (once every fortnight?) during the 2nd trimester, and now we're having none at all because it's so uncomfortable with my bump and SPD! I hope it all goes back to normal after birth too, I'm sure it will
  • Options
    jefkjefk member

Since finding out I was pregnant, we've fooled around but haven't actually had sex.  DH is a trooper and I told him I'm hoping to be ready to go by my birthday in August.  However, I did have two sex dreams and consequent orgasms last night, so I guess my sex drive is there, I just don't have the energy to act on it!  

Anyone else have sex dreams?  I can't be the only one... 

• Options
    GRJCGRJC member

Same here... after trying over and over and not hitting any O's it's just not as fun, plus, it's not like it's comfortable unless I'm on top and quite honestly I'm too tired to do any work, lol.

Good to know I'm not the only one!

1st Misc 11w2d
    2nd Misc 6w2d
    3rd Preg, Second Month on Clomed
    Baby Boy Born June 2013!
    4th Preg, Fifth Month on Clomed 
    Due 8/3/16

Follow me and my journey at:

http://alltheprettythings-cristina.blogspot.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.