Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

~*~ Newbie Playdate ~*~

Hiya newbies!  Ask questions, chart stalks, etc. here, flame free!  Just don't ask if you are pregnant.  I can't take that one.

Ready...set...

GO!

My Blog
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
It's a BOY!

Re: ~*~ Newbie Playdate ~*~

• Options
    Talk to me about OPKs.  I drink a ton of water every day (usually 120 ounces or so) and so my urine is pretty dilute.  I haven't had a positive OPK yet in 2 cycles.  I am confused about when in my cycle to start and how many times a day (2 tends to be the consensus?).  Usually my cycle is 35 days or so (and if it's wonky it goes longer, never shorter).  I got so frustrated this cycle that I stopped temping so I know my chart is a useless mess.
    TTC #1 since 2/2013
    BFP 12/9/13!  Adeline Rose born 8/21/14

imageimage

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When did you start taking your temperature? Did you begin as soon as you were ttc? I have been keeping track of CM only so far. I'm worried about overwhelming my DH who seems to think these things just happen.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagergiertz:
    Talk to me about OPKs.  I drink a ton of water every day (usually 120 ounces or so) and so my urine is pretty dilute.  I haven't had a positive OPK yet in 2 cycles.  I am confused about when in my cycle to start and how many times a day (2 tends to be the consensus?).  Usually my cycle is 35 days or so (and if it's wonky it goes longer, never shorter).  I got so frustrated this cycle that I stopped temping so I know my chart is a useless mess.

If you are having a hard time catching your surge, 2-3 times a day would be wise.  Some people say 10am and 6pm.  I always just tested 1st thing in the morning and always caught it, even if it was only + for a day.  Also, some ladies get a fade in pattern (although not everyone does).  Have you noticed it get darker but not quite positive?  If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest ordering Wondfo OPK's from Amazon, since you will be testing so often.  Some ladies follow up a suspected positive with a digital test, just to be sure. 

As for when to start, since you haven't narrowed down your FW at all yet, I'd start on CD 12ish.  As far as your chart goes, are you a mouth breather?  Are you temping pretty consistently at the same time every day?  I honestly don't see a shift to say that you have O'd.  That could also be why you haven't gotten a + OPK.  I know you are frustrated, but try to keep it up.  If you start noticing patterns, it will get easier.

Best of luck to you!

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options

imagergiertz:

What time of day were you using the OPKs? Also, did you drink a lot before taking the test or did you avoid drinking for a couple of hours before taking the test? These can factor in to what kind of results you're getting.  

• Options

imageStacylarae:
    When did you start taking your temperature? Did you begin as soon as you were ttc? I have been keeping track of CM only so far. I'm worried about overwhelming my DH who seems to think these things just happen.

If I remember correctly, I started the 2nd month.  It's entirely a personal preference though.  Certainly temping along with tracking your other fertility signs can be hugely helpful in knowing what is going on with your body and identifying your fertile window, but it can also be overwhelming if you are not ready.  Have you thought about OPK at all?  At the beginning my H was the same way as yours.  He had performance anxiety the more I told him about my cycle and tracking things.  I learned quickly that I could just not tell him all the details, and it was fine.

Good luck!

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options

imageStacylarae:

I started temping a couple of months before we were TTC, to get in the habit and to get an idea of what my charts would look like. 

• Options

I'm not a total newb but, this is my second month temping. I feel silly asking for a stalk but this is bugging me. I had 2 dips after O, I slept like dookie those nights. Would you just chalk it up to that? My OB is concerned about weak O because of my short LH surges & short-ish LP(10 days). SO I'm not sure if the temp issues are related to that or just sleep issues. Any thoughts?

BWI, hope this makes sense lol! 

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options

Thank you for your help!  I have seen some randomly darker lines but never darker than the control.  I am using the Amazon Wondfos and even though you're not supposed to I use FMU sometimes since it is more concentrated.

Yes, I'm a mouth breather and I was terrible at doing it every day at the same time.  I get up semi-regularly 1-2 hours before my alarm goes off to pee but I don't temp until my alarm so I'm not sure if that has been affecting temperature too.  I didn't know which was more important, same time each morning or after 3 hours of sleep. I know there was no shift so that's why I kind of stopped temping for this cycle and I'll pick back up next cycle.  I also was terrible at recording my CM so I will be better about that, too!

TTC #1 since 2/2013

imageimage

Anniversary
  • Options

When people say to eat pineapple core after O, when exactly after O do you eat this pineapple core?  

Also, when you say core, does that mean I go out and buy the entire pineapple and literally eat the middle hard part that is usually discarded?  How much/little of it?   

• Options
    imagestufie:

imagergiertz:

What time of day were you using the OPKs? Also, did you drink a lot before taking the test or did you avoid drinking for a couple of hours before taking the test? These can factor in to what kind of results you're getting.  

I usually used OPKs with FMU (I know, I know) around 7:30 AM and then usually between 7-9 PM.  I try to avoid drinking water before the evening one but I go to the gym every day around 4 or 5 and usually chug water during my workout so that doesn't help.

TTC #1 since 2/2013

imageimage

Anniversary
  • Options
    imagebeckynsean11:

I'm not a total newb but, this is my second month temping. I feel silly asking for a stalk but this is bugging me. I had 2 dips after O, I slept like dookie those nights. Would you just chalk it up to that? My OB is concerned about weak O because of my short LH surges & short-ish LP(10 days). SO I'm not sure if the temp issues are related to that or just sleep issues. Any thoughts?

Why all the open circles?  I really only see 1 dip that falls below the coverline.  If you slept poorly, that certainly could be the culprit.  Remember that you are looking at the overall pattern of the chart, not any single temperature.  I see a shift where FF says it is.  Good luck!

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    imagergiertz:

Thank you for your help!  I have seen some randomly darker lines but never darker than the control.  I am using the Amazon Wondfos and even though you're not supposed to I use FMU sometimes since it is more concentrated.

Yes, I'm a mouth breather and I was terrible at doing it every day at the same time.  I get up semi-regularly 1-2 hours before my alarm goes off to pee but I don't temp until my alarm so I'm not sure if that has been affecting temperature too.  I didn't know which was more important, same time each morning or after 3 hours of sleep. I know there was no shift so that's why I kind of stopped temping for this cycle and I'll pick back up next cycle.  I also was terrible at recording my CM so I will be better about that, too!

If you are a mouth breather, you might try vaginal temping.  I did that and it helped even things out a little.  Also, if you are consistently getting up before your alarm, could you temp then?  I'm a horrible sleeper too and my chart looked like yours for awhile.  I did some tweaks (like temping the first time I wake up each night instead of waiting until my alarm and vaginal temping) and I was able to see a shift. 

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    imagejschwind22:
    imagebeckynsean11:

Why all the open circles?  I really only see 1 dip that falls below the coverline.  If you slept poorly, that certainly could be the culprit.  Remember that you are looking at the overall pattern of the chart, not any single temperature.  I see a shift where FF says it is.  Good luck!

The open circles are all from temping early. If I get up to take the dog out or pee & don't have enough time to get 3 hours before waking again, I temp & record that. Thanks! 

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    imageannabenanna:

When people say to eat pineapple core after O, when exactly after O do you eat this pineapple core?  

Also, when you say core, does that mean I go out and buy the entire pineapple and literally eat the middle hard part that is usually discarded?  How much/little of it?   

I have never done the pineapple thing. Maybe that's why I'm not KTFU yet.

But, yes you buy the whole pineapple and save the core. Most sources say to eat it from day 2-7 DPO. That means cutting it into five equal pieces. The newbie link has a bit more information.

***DD 5/15/2004***TTC #2 Since March 2012***Severe MFI*** LameBlog ***

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    imagergiertz:
    imagestufie:

imagergiertz:

I usually used OPKs with FMU (I know, I know) around 7:30 AM and then usually between 7-9 PM.  I try to avoid drinking water before the evening one but I go to the gym every day around 4 or 5 and usually chug water during my workout so that doesn't help.

Could you try to take one before you go to the gym?

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    imageFoxiePM:
    imageannabenanna:

But, yes you buy the whole pineapple and save the core. Most sources say to eat it from day 2-7 DPO. That means cutting it into five equal pieces. The newbie link has a bit more information.

I have also never done it, but I've heard of others putting it into a smoothy, because on it's own it's rumored to not taste very good.

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    imagejschwind22:
    imageFoxiePM:
    imageannabenanna:

I have also never done it, but I've heard of others putting it into a smoothy, because on it's own it's rumored to not taste very good.

Thank you so much ladies!  Not sure I will try this, seems a lot of work!  In case I do, I will know how. :) 

• Options
    imageannabenanna:
    imagejschwind22:
    imageFoxiePM:
    imageannabenanna:

Thank you so much ladies!  Not sure I will try this, seems a lot of work!  In case I do, I will know how. :) 

I think the bakery at my grocery sells the core solo. You could check something like that to cut down some of the work. The core is pretty bitter though. I'd definitely need to put it in a smoothie to choke it down. 

image image imageimage 
  • Options
    imagejschwind22:
    imagergiertz:
    imagestufie:

imagergiertz:

Thats exactly what I did.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    imagecurlylocks3:
    imagejschwind22:
    imagergiertz:
    imagestufie:

imagergiertz:

Thats exactly what I did.

Oh hay curls.  Fancy seeing you here and not anywhere else.  ::stares at PM's thread::

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    ::twiddles thumbs waiting for more questions::
    My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    I am just not having any luck at all with temping.  I can't ever really guarantee that I will have three straight hours of sleep, let alone have it at the same time every night.  So on FF I am just recording my CM and OPK results.  Also, with my CP last cycle I'm wondering if I should just chill with recording anything at all for this month/cycle and let my body recoup?  We weren't going to officially start trying until the fall, but the CP has me panicky and I want to try right away now.  Should I try to continue temping as best I can anyway? 

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Options

imagechrismo1013:
    I am just not having any luck at all with temping.  I can't ever really guarantee that I will have three straight hours of sleep, let alone have it at the same time every night.  So on FF I am just recording my CM and OPK results.  Also, with my CP last cycle I'm wondering if I should just chill with recording anything at all for this month/cycle and let my body recoup?  We weren't going to officially start trying until the fall, but the CP has me panicky and I want to try right away now.  Should I try to continue temping as best I can anyway? 

I'm so very sorry for your loss :(  Regarding temping, it's really a personal preference.  I'm a HORRIBLE sleeper, but was still able to see a shift when I put all the fertility signs together (except CP, I never really got into that).  IMO the 3 hours of sleep is more important than the time, but for some ladies it's the other way around.  There's usually no medical restrictions on trying right away again after a chemical.  Continuing to try temping isn't going to hurt anything, but if it's making you crazy then you have to consider that too.  Best of luck to you!

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    imagejschwind22:

imagechrismo1013:

I'm so very sorry for your loss :(  Regarding temping, it's really a personal preference.  I'm a HORRIBLE sleeper, but was still able to see a shift when I put all the fertility signs together (except CP, I never really got into that).  IMO the 3 hours of sleep is more important than the time, but for some ladies it's the other way around.  There's usually no medical restrictions on trying right away again after a chemical.  Continuing to try temping isn't going to hurt anything, but if it's making you crazy then you have to consider that too.  Best of luck to you!

Thanks. I think I will try to temp after 3 hours no matter what the time is then. FF did have a tutorial on what is better, 3 hours or the same time, but I didn't read it! I guess I could go find that again when I get a chance. The temping isn't really making me crazy, but I just feel like I'm not seeing anything meaningful. For example, the first day of af/the cp my temp was 98.0 and then the next day it was 98.5, then back down, then back up, etc., etc.  I'm just going to keep trying and see if I can see a general pattern then. Thanks again for the advice!

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

All are welcome

• Options
    We are going to Vegas for a long weekend next week. I'll be just at the beginning of my TWW. Drink or not? I get "drink till its pink" but how much is ok?

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Options

imageE&B0811:
    We are going to Vegas for a long weekend next week. I'll be just at the beginning of my TWW. Drink or not? I get "drink till its pink" but how much is ok?

Another personal preference.  I'm definitely in the "drink till it's pink" camp.  Especially early in the TWW.  ESPECIALLY in Vegas!  Have fun!

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    Another one....what's the deal with Pom juice and green tea? I'm drinking it but have no idea why.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

• Options
    imagejschwind22:

imageE&B0811:

Another personal preference.  I'm definitely in the "drink till it's pink" camp.  Especially early in the TWW.  ESPECIALLY in Vegas!  Have fun!

If I knew how, I'd put a thumbs up here. Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imageE&B0811:
    imagejschwind22:

imageE&B0811:

Yes

If you are on a regular computer, you can use the smilie link in the tool bar.  If you are on mobile, type [ Y ] without the spaces.

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    I just got put onto the night squad, so I'm working 6pm until 7am three nights a week and try to keep that night schedule throughout the other days. I rarely make it all shift and am always exhausted but my body isn't adjusting well and i cant sleep well during the day. Are there any healthy or natural alternatives to energy drinks anyone can suggest? Or anything really lol.
  • Options

imageE&B0811:
    Another one....what's the deal with Pom juice and green tea? I'm drinking it but have no idea why.

Drinking Pom supposedly helps build a thicker lining.  I don't know of any scientific articles that support it though.  Drinking green tea supposedly helps produce more CM, although a lot of ladies claim increasing water intake helps just as much if not more.  

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options

imageSCalender:
    I just got put onto the night squad, so I'm working 6pm until 7am three nights a week and try to keep that night schedule throughout the other days. I rarely make it all shift and am always exhausted but my body isn't adjusting well and i cant sleep well during the day. Are there any healthy or natural alternatives to energy drinks anyone can suggest? Or anything really lol.

Ugh.  I would not cope well with this either.  I'm also no help.  Making your room as dark as possible?  lol, I haven no idea!  I hope that you start adjusting soon!

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    We totally blacked out our bedroom, its awesome ! So far all I am doing is drinking more water, a full bladder at work seems to keep me moving :
  • Options
    imagejschwind22:
    imageE&B0811:
    imagejschwind22:

imageE&B0811:

Yes

If you are on a regular computer, you can use the smilie link in the tool bar.  If you are on mobile, type [ Y ] without the spaces.

Testing... Yes

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imageSCalender:

Well at least you'll be ready for having a newborn who's up all night lol!  I'm guessing that your body will adjust eventually.  I'd suggest that you get rest whenever you can and drink green tea for energy?  It's TTC-friendly, right?  :)

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

All are welcome

• Options

My temps are all over the place. Should I temp vaginally next cycle or is the way it is good enough?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/438ee0

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagergiertz:
    Talk to me about OPKs.nbsp; I drink a ton of water every day usually 120 ounces or so and so my urine is pretty dilute.nbsp; I haven't had a positive OPK yet in 2 cycles.nbsp; I am confused about when in my cycle to start and how many times a day 2 tends to be the consensus?.nbsp; Usually my cycle is 35 days or so and if it's wonky it goes longer, never shorter.nbsp; I got so frustrated this cycle that I stopped temping so I know my chart is a useless mess.

I know this has been discussed but I wanted to throw this out there. On average I have a 29 day cycle. This first month of OPKs I started at cd10 just to get used to it but next month I will start af cd13. I tested in the am with second morning urine. Peed about 5:30 then used the urine when I had to go again, about 7:30a. I tried to drink my 100 ounces early in the day so I could test when I got home at 6ish. It worked for me and I got 2 positives.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    My question: at what point is it not considered a drive by? If I post everyday but get knocked up my 1st round wouldn't that be one? Or I read somewhere someone said 3 months. Is that 3 months of charting or 3 months of posting? Is it just a case by case, person by person thing?
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    imageSoonToBMrsGarrett:

My temps are all over the place. Should I temp vaginally next cycle or is the way it is good enough?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/438ee0

Are you a mouth breather?  Vaginal temping might be worth a shot.  Without that OPK and EWCM I doubt FF would have detected a shift.  Good luck! 

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    imageLadyofshallott86:

imageSCalender:

Hi, I've been a night shifter for 7 years. I have never had any issues sleeping since I'm a born night owl, but several people I've worked with have used melatonin suppliments with good success. Something to consider. You can also try noise cancelling ear plugs (I got some off of amazon.com that work great for trying to sleep during weekend days when DD is squealing and screaming), or even white noise. As far as staying awake, I usually just drink a little caffine or keep moving. B12 is also good for keeping you energized.

Awesome ! I did not know B12 was for engergy! I'll def try that ! And Im gonna go buy some ear plugs for sure. Is Melatonin okay while TTC as well? Thanks so much :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"