February 2012 Moms

my list of vehicle foods- not cars

Definition of vehicle foods: a food I can use to contain veggies and other healthy things and make it easy to get them to my son.

Eggs. You can saute and mix anything into eggs! My favorite is spinach, onions and garlic. He will usually eat those right up. And since they are pretty solid, there is not much of a mess.

Pancakes. I add milled flax seeds, oatmeal, apple sauce, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, banana, and a few other things to get to him in solid form.

corn bread. I add any kind of veggie to cornbread mix- grated carrots, spinach, onions, tomatoes, and other veggies to cornbread mix and fry a pancake of it in coconut oil, or olive oil- but not veggie oil.

sweet potatoes or butternut squash. These are messier but I can also add veggies into these and he will eat them.

Can you give me some more suggestions? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my list of vehicle foods- not cars

• Popsicles. I do fruit and veggies pured and frozen into popsicles.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Toddler muffins.  Both my LOs love them, and you can put almost anything in them. I like putting squash, carrots and bananas in them.  I even like them!   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I put mixed veggies in meatloaf, anything in quesidillas (sp??) , avocado on grilled cheese, spinach or kale in spagetti, anything in smoothies, pureed cauliflower in alfredo sauce, pureed carrots or squash in mac and cheese, chopped broccoli in cheesy rice.

If I can think of more I will post again.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Quesadillas she'll eat anything in one of those. Also quiche.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"