June 2013 Moms
Options

lack of motivation vs lack of energy-vent

I am not really sure which i have. I have this list of things i want to do. Simple things like vacuum my living room, and clean my house. Nothing baby related- i would like to pack the diaper bag and my bag but the cleaning is higher on my list. I just can't do it. I just keep looking at the floor and then nothing happens. I was like ok i am going to start cleaning before DH gets home. Well i went to put all the shoes that we have by the front door away, it lead to removing all the shoes from the closet, sweeping it out. Thinking i was too hot, going to change, and coming back down, opening windows and saying i am just not into this. So yes the shoes are picked up, but i just switched them out with the shoes that were in there. Like the summer/winter switch a roo. DH is going to come home and cut the grass before it starts raining again here and maybe i will do some cleaning or i may just sit outside and try to get some color while watching him. I hope this is not the new me and it is just being pregnant.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: lack of motivation vs lack of energy-vent

• Options
    I have been feeling the exact same way... I'm blaming the heat.

• Options
    Ha. That's so the new me post baby. Bc really as long as everyone is fed and things are moderately clean, fucck it all bc I'd rather play and do fun things.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm feeling the exact same way.  Can't seem to get off my couch to do anything other than to go to work and I've got so many things I need to start getting done.  My apartment is a mess, I still have 2 pets and don't own a vacuum even though I've finally saved enough to get one, and I'm trying to get thank you cards mailed out from my baby shower.  I did clean out the fridge a few days ago and since then have been hanging out on the couch having terrific couch naps :)
  • Options
    I have it too! I manage to get basic chores done, but bigger projects...not so much. I really need to clean out the closet in LO's room and move everything downstairs, but I can't muster up enough energy. It doesn't help that most of it is big tubs that my husband should probably be carrying, and he's at work all the time right now!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a hard time too. Sometimes I will be able to get started and get some stuff done but as soon as I stop, I'm done! My energy is gone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I feel the exact same way! I have this list of things I should do in my head but I just feel so unmotivated to actually do them. Even small things like vacuuming I keep putting off. I start doing things like the dishes and then go to sit with DS for a minute and then I just can't find the energy to get back up and finish. I am hoping nesting will kick in soon and I will have the energy to do all of the things I need to do before the baby arrives!
    image         image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"