July 2012 Moms
Options

S/O Milk #2

We are often out and about for hours on end.  Right now, it's easy: bottle of water and formula dispenser.  When you're not going to be around a fridge and will be out for hours at a time, how do you transport milk?  We have little bag coolers and ice packs that came with formula samples, but is there a better way or cooler you can recommend?
Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
 CafeMom Tickers

Re: S/O Milk #2

• Options
    I think if I was in a pinch, I would just pull over at a gas station. They have milk. Unless you are in the middle of the wilderness. Then I cant help ya.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options

imagenesenotes:
    I think if I was in a pinch, I would just pull over at a gas station. They have milk. Unless you are in the middle of the wilderness. Then I cant help ya.

This was my first thought too.  It seems easier than worrying about a ton of milk, but could definitely get pricey! 

Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStokedWifey:

imagenesenotes:

This was my first thought too.  It seems easier than worrying about a ton of milk, but could definitely get pricey! 

The way I figure we are down to 3 bottles now. 1 first thing in the morning, 1 at noon, one at bedtime. So really we would only be gone for the noon bottle.

I guess you can wrap a gel pack around a small bottle and place that in a small cooler. That might keep it for a couple of hours. 

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
  • Options

My friend uses NIDO milk when she's out, which is fortified powdered whole milk.  Apparently its pretty tasty. I've seen it locally at Sam's and walmart too. This is probably what we'll use when we're out too:

https://www.amazon.com/Nestle-Nido-Powder-Imported-14-1-Ounce/dp/B001EQ5HUW

There's also a kinder version for toddlers:

https://www.amazon.com/Nido-Kinder-Fortalecida-Fortified-Prebio/dp/B00276H5GW

• Options
    imagedaniellesa1220:
    imagenesenotes:
    imageStokedWifey:

imagenesenotes:

The way I figure we are down to 3 bottles now. 1 first thing in the morning, 1 at noon, one at bedtime. So really we would only be gone for the noon bottle.

I guess you can wrap a gel pack around a small bottle and place that in a small cooler. That might keep it for a couple of hours. 

Teach me your ways!!  We are still nursing/bottle feeding 6-7 times a day Sad  I'm terrified about the transition because I know the logistics of weaning but fear that it's going to be hard with him since he's still eating pretty often.  If I could get him down to even 5 times a day I would be ecstatic.

Seriously!! We have three bottles from 6pm to 6am! Ughhh
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedaniellesa1220:
    imagenesenotes:
    imageStokedWifey:

imagenesenotes:

Teach me your ways!!  We are still nursing/bottle feeding 6-7 times a day Sad  I'm terrified about the transition because I know the logistics of weaning but fear that it's going to be hard with him since he's still eating pretty often.  If I could get him down to even 5 times a day I would be ecstatic.

She eats a lot of real food now. A lot! Girl puts it down.  There is no way she can fit more milk in with all that food. I usually give her water with meals now. She is getting 3 8oz bottles. Sometimes she cant finish the 8oz and its more like 6 or 7. 

• Options
    When my DS was younger we'd bring water and maybe a sippie of milk. Sometimes we'd pick up a little carton if we were out to eat during the day.

Horizon makes little tiny single serve cartons that aren't refrigerated.
  • Options

By the time DS1 was a year old we only did milk first thing am and then with dinner and/or right before bedtime.

So when we were out and about during the day we never needed to bring milk with us. A sippy of water and some snacks were enough.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Milk won't be your child's main nutrition at one - you can go a number of hours without it. Are you planning on packing a lunch box when you're out and about or will just stop for something to eat? The way I figure, if I'm getting something to eat out, then he can too. Otherwise, we'll be going home for meals. Milk consumption is different than formula/BM. 

What do you for drinks/food when out for the day? Do the same for LO.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"