Preemies
Options

MoD walk aw and vent

We did the march for babies today. The weather was perfect and the turnout was great!!!

AW our team raised 2200 !!!!

Vent there were a number of people smoking on the walk. This included parents pushing their 2 month old [presumably not preemie] baby in a carrier in a stroller while smoking. The baby was crying and the woman switched her cigarette into her other hand to grab the babies binky and put it back in. I was disgusted. Of all places you would think people would have a little bit more consideration!!!

I was also disappointed that there were no sanitizing stations outside the port a potties. Ewww especially around preemies!!
imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: MoD walk aw and vent

• Options
    Great job raising so much money! I am bummed that we are not able to do the walk this year since I am on SBR. I would have been pretty upset if I saw people smoking at a MOD walk of all places. I agree that I would contact the people organizing that walk and vent your concerns.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was on a public road that they closed so I don't think the ban would be part of it. I'm kicking myself for not speaking up though. I know it's their right to do as they wish but the kids should trump that.

Definitely contacting them to mention my concerns. Thanks for the support!
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We saw the same thing! Probably 3-4 people I noticed smoking, and I was disgusted. I could hear the other walkers around us commenting on it, too, but no one said anything to the smokers. It was also on a public road in the city, with no officials or anyone to complain to at the time. I was wondering who I could contact about it, though. If you can't go 2 hours without your cigarettes, then at least step to out of the walk and go smoke somewhere else.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    I noticed a few people smoking during our walk too and I really wanted to say something. I mean seriously their are tiny babies walking or riding, you can't wait 2 hours to feed your addiction.

• Options

imagejcsntms06:
    I noticed a few people smoking during our walk too and I really wanted to say something. I mean seriously their are tiny babies walking or riding, you can't wait 2 hours to feed your addiction.

I seriously cannot comprehend people doing this. I didn't see anyone smoking yesterday and even a smoker on our team wouldn't have dreamed of lighting up during the walk. It isn't like it is that long of a walk or event.

Great job fundraising. Also love the sanitizing stations outside the porto-potties going to mentioned this to our local team for next year. 

• Options
    imageCurlingRocks:

Way to fundraise!

Also, WTH, people!  Who smokes on a charity walk for babies?

I know!!! and babies that are LIKELY to have lung problems. I saw a few kids with oxygen and people were smoking?? fortunately not near them that I saw but still. Have a little heart people!!!! 

imageimage

• Options

I just got to talk to the woman who organized our walk. She was really nice and said that the sanitizer was a mess up and that she went and bought a bunch of bottles of sanitizer and people walked off with them.

She did not see anyone smoking but said if her sister had she would have given them a piece of her mind :-) she was appalled.  Since it is a public place they will have trouble stopping them but I suggested the guilt route.  Maybe putting up signs reminding people that preemies often have lung troubles and that they need to keep them in mind while at the event.  She loved it.  So hopefully next year we will see the signs :-) 

i was also asked to be a family team motivator for next year... go team! 

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"