Food Allergy
Options

Well that didn't go well

I swear between DS and I we are allergic to the world. I've posted earlier about developing several new allergies (all contact related) since having DS. Last weekend I had a reaction to who knows what where I developed a rash all over my body and ended up with the swelling lips and eyes. I started panicking and fortunately DH was home. The whole body rash was new as normally I only break out in the spot where I touched my allergen. The allergist did more bloodwork and I'm going back for the food allergy panel.

We got the go ahead to start DS on solids. The pedi recommended applesauce. I just went to the grocery store and grabbed a container of the Gerber organic. DS started getting a rash on his face and had horrible mucousy diapers and consequently developed a nasty diaper rash. After reading the label, apparently it was the Gerber food with DHA which means tuna oil was added into the sauce. DS passed the food panel for everything but dairy. I thought one of the allergens was seafood, but is it only shellfish? Needless to say he hasn't had any applesauce since, and I'll be following up with the allergist. I guess it's possible he reacted to the apples, but my gut tells me it was probably more of the tuna. How long do you think it will take to get out of his system? I gave him the sauce on Sunday and he is still having nasty diapers and has a slight rash. 

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"