Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Quick CIO question

DD is 8.5 months old. We just started CIO last night and she did great. Took her 35 minutes to fall asleep and stayed asleep 10 hours straight. Tonight she fell asleep while nursing at bedtime! I know I am supposed to put her down awake but I just couldn't bring myself to fully  wake her up. She fussed for a few seconds when I put her down but never fully woke up. 

What does this mean? Are we right back where we started? Is any progress we made last night lost now? If she wakes up in the middle of the night tonight do we let her cry? Ugh! Last night was SO HARD. I don't want to have to start all over!

Re: Quick CIO question

• Options
    I'm no expert. I'm actually retrying the CIO method tonight. I think the goal is to get your LO to self soothe. Maybe let her cry the next time she gets up just to see if she falls back asleep. GL!
  • Options

For us it doesn't make a slight difference. I put her down asleep/drowsy/awake. She always wakes up in MOTN but we are weaning her from her night feeding. She still wakes but goes back to asleep when I don't come to her right away.

CIO is hard.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sleep is not a "one and done" sort of thing. Every ngiht we aim for a perfect bedtime routine, but we have to adjust as necessary. Sometimes DD goes to sleep peacefully, sometimes she CIO for
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"