Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Fighting their SLEEP!

Hi Ladies!

I haven't been very active on posting on this board, but I am constantly lurking and reading all the helpful advice and tips!

I have a four month old little girl that has just started really fighting her sleep. She will scream, cry, tears flowing, dig her head into my chest, grab onto anything she can and pull, spits her binky out, etc. I try to watch for signs when she is tired and she has been on a pretty good napping schedule. Is there anything else I should try? She does not go to sleep on her own at all yet, every nap and bedtime include rocking her and her binky and "sshhhh" or singing until she falls asleep.

Are any of your LO's fighting their sleep already? Any tips?

Thanks!!

Re: Fighting their SLEEP!

• My son is 4 1/2 months old and we have been having this same problem for the past few weeks.  My  mom watches him during the day and he only slept 20 min. the whole day.  Then last night I was sure he would fall fast asleep since he hadn't
  • Dd is doing this, but usually only at bed time. Nap time is still normal. She cries, arches her back and flings herself, it's exhausting. Last night it took two hours to get her to bed, ugh. I look forward to a couple of hours of me time, or tine with dh,

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I am glad we arnt the only one! Hopefully it will pass quickly.
  • Its been like that a while for DD. 

I found out that if she does that at bedtime, sometimes just putting her in her bed and letting her settle herself works better than trying to force her to be rocked. 

I'd say your at the

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My little guy has been fighting sleep since day one!  He's an active guy who likes to constantly be doing something and doesn't like being in a restive state for very long.  I've been learning in the past couple of weeks about sleep schedules

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
  • My LO does this sometimes too. I don't really know what calms him but I'm pretty sure he's teething so I think it's part of the problem. I walk around with my son or lay him flat on his back and he seems to calm down.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm a little early to this board...hope you don't mind me posting!

DD has recently started fighting sleep as well.  I've found that sometimes she just wants me to lay her down.  I'll move any toys out her line of vision, put her in the

• DS started fighting sleep (naps moreso than night time) when he was 3.5 months.  We ended up doing sleep training when he turned 4 months as I no longer could rock/bounce him all day long for every single nap (I'm SAHM). When he finally napped, he

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageWild_flower25:

Its been like that a while for DD. 

I found out that if she does that at bedtime, sometimes just

• My LO was doing this for a little while and I played music on my ipod. Now, every time she starts fighting it, I play this one particular song (slow paced song) and it instantly calms her, where I can rock her to sleep and she doesn't fight it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I know your pain! My LO has been fighting sleep since she was 1 month old. I know she is so tired, but she just wont fall asleep peacefully.  She wont take her pacifier unless I hold it in her mouth, she will bury her head in my arm and try anything
  • imagepb_bride:
    DS started fighting sleep naps moreso than night time when he was 3.5 months. nbsp;We ended up doing sleep training when
  • No tips, just sympathy. My DD is about the same age and she acts like I'm torturing her every nap time. It's getting really old!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"