August 2011 Moms
Options

So annoying

We went to Walmart yesterday and ran into a daycare friend of DD1's. His parents let him sit (and stand, and lay, and do whatever he wanted) in the cart part of the shopping cart instead of the seat.

Then DD1 looked at me and asked me why SHE wasn't allowed to do the same.

We later decided to treat the girls to McDonald's for dinner. We ran into another DC friend of DD1's. At some point, I noticed the friend had taken her socks off (the rules are pretty clear and simple in our play area - shoes OFF and socks ON) And so had her brother, and another friend of theirs they were there with. So of course DD1 asked me to take hers off. I said "no" (eewwwww).

And again, DD1 just couldn't understand why she couldn't do what her friends were doing.

Ugh. I don't blame DD1. She's just a little kid and she truly doesn't understand why her friends are allowed to do something she isn't. It just really annoys me to feel like such a bad guy because other parents won't enforce simple rules.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: So annoying

• Options

I was just about to post a vent of a friend this weekend and part of it included her 17 month old standing in the seating area of the cart!  While friend was on the opposite side out of reach.  Luckily Abel isn't old enougth to ask why he has

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That stinks, being a parent is so hard. I hope she wasn't too upset over it.

When L asks why other kids can do things he can't I explain to him that the reason we have rules is to keep people safe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRachey1082:
    When L asks why other kids can do things he can't I explain to him that the reason we have rules is to keep peopl
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

First - ewww to the people letting their kids run around place areas with no socks, wth?  Gross!

But I know what you mean, it's going to be tough when we need to be the "bad guy" in these situations.  I'm really hoping it's one of those

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageRachey1082:
    She's a little younger than L, but we've said things along the lines of "how does it feel when you fall, get hurt,
  • Options
    imagemelissa0726:

::sigh::....right now it's the standing in the carts and the no socks....give it a

• Options
    we have a playground rigth behind our house so the other night we took our girls over there to play. our neighbor's granddaughter saw us going and asked if she could walk with us there (shes 5 1/2). she ended up bring her 2 older "cousins" along with her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD1 struggles with this sometimes but I can usually satisfy her questions by saying that all families are going to have different rules, the same way that different people like and dislike different things. And I explain that we have our rules because tha

// I love you too. //

• Options

Perhaps living in Hawaii has tainted me - I don't even blink when I see kids without socks. In the back of my mind, I know it's gross, but I'm just so used to people wearing flipflops 365 days a year and seeing bare feet everywhere.

We haven't ha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageNativeFloridian:
    DD1 struggles with this sometimes but I can usually satisfy her questions by saying that all families are goi
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"