June 2012 Moms
Options

Lurker with a question - UPDATE

Although I'm not a regular I was hoping one of you ladies could help out with a question.

My DS was labeled FTT at his last appointment, we've had follow-ups to check in on his weight but it seems like no matter how much he eats he will not gain weight. We just had the last follow-up on Friday and he's only gained 6 ounces in about 2 months :(  He was EBF up until about a month ago when his pedi advised us to supplement, he is now exclusively on formula since my supply tanked after I started supplementing. He's currently at 6% for weight, he weighs 17.12 lb and measures 28.75 in. 

Has anyone else dealt with a FTT infant? He also is still not sitting, attempting to crawl or pull himself up, which is another concern of the pedi  :/  He eats tons of veggies, fruits, proteins and pasta along with his formula (soy since it turns out he's allergic to milk-based) and I encourage him to sit/crawl by propping him up/giving lots of tummy time. I don't know what else to do to try to get him to gain weight, and on top of that I'm worried about his developmental delays. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: I went to the pedi's office yesterday and received the referral  :)  The receptionist surprised me by saying she was about to call me and ask that I come in to pick it up, apparently the pedi had requested it the same day after our appointment. Now I'm just waiting on the return call from the center to schedule the evaluation. Fingers crossed they get back to me quick. And again, thank you SO much for the replies! 

Re: Lurker with a question - UPDATE

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"