August 2011 Moms
Options

Is this chicken ok to cook?

I took frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer on Wednesday.  They defrosted on the counter all afternoon.  By the time dinnertime rolled around, there wasn't time to cook them (DD had a bad afternoon), so I threw them in the fridge.  They were almost entirely defrosted.

I didn't cook them yesterday because we had dinner with DH's parents.  Would you cook them today?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Is this chicken ok to cook?

• Options
    Not entirely sure. But I would think they would still be okay today. As long as you cook them today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Totally use them, just make sure that they're very thoroughly cooked.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope. Also I never defrost anything at room temp. It's not worth the risk.
  • Options

Ugh!  I'm so torn!

I am not usually a worrier about food (I'm one of those people who will eat week-old leftovers), but raw meat makes me a little nervous.

• Options
    They should be fine. If they smell funny when you open the pack I wouldn't use them. But if not just cook them really well.
  • Options

I would say no, except that I'm sure my mother did things like this. She always defrosted meat at room temp...

If you cook it, just make sure it cooks all the way through to the recommended temperature. I can't remember what that is for chicken.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

After much deliberation, I threw out the chicken.

I was still on the fence when I took it out of the fridge...and then I saw that there must have been a hole/leak in the freezer bag, and some of the juice had leaked into the plastic shopping bag

• Options

imageCrash Into Me:
    Always live by, "When in doubt, throw it out."

Yup.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"