Indiana Babies

Fishers area daycare?

Hi! I am pregnant with my first and my DH and I live in east fishers. We both work downtown, but would like to use a daycare closer to home! Anyone have an recs on a good place up here?

I am only 8 wks but my friends at work who know are like "yeah you should get on a list ASAP". Living up here, I guess you need to start looking beore you even get pregnant!!

BFP 9/1/12, EDD 5/11/13; heartbeat 9/24/12, heartbeat gone 10/2/12; D&E 10/5/12 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Fishers area daycare?

• I start visiting daycares next week...we're 28 weeks pregnant so I know we're a little late in the process but I did do a little research into some area daycares. From internet reviews, I've found that Kid's World Day Care, Rainbow Child Care Center and Kiddie Academy seem to score very well. Like I said, I'll be visiting with these centers over the next 10 days so I can update when I've received informaiton.
  • That would be great! Thank you! DH and I are researching and are going to tour on a weekday when I get back from a conference next week. DH works at Lilly and it's not our first choice because I don't want daycare to be on him all the time, but they have back up care. So worst case is if we don't get in somewhere when I am ready to go back to work, then we could use that. I will only have 5 weeks of paid leave saved up by then so will have to take 7 weeks unpaid. Ugh.
    BFP 9/1/12, EDD 5/11/13; heartbeat 9/24/12, heartbeat gone 10/2/12; D&E 10/5/12 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We live in Fishers too and looked at different options in the area.  We toured the Goddard School (116th) and Arbor Village (also on 116th) and ended up deciding on Lilly day care.  They were all comparably priced (expensive!), but the Lilly day care seemed nicer and newer.  Good luck!
  • Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you!  We did all of our daycare visits and found Rainbow Child Care Center (141st & 37) and Kiddie Academy (116th & Olio) were the best.  I didn't get a very good vibe from the Kids World Day Care...the people were nice but I just didn't get a good feeling when we were there.  At Rainbow, I got a very good feeling...almost like a 'homey' type feeling.  I really liked the infant nursery room and the ameneties they had.  Same thing at Kiddie Academy...got another good feeling (although not as good as at Rainbow, but still good).  They were a little bit more expensive than Rainbow but they do have video access...you can log onto their system and see your little one.  My husband liked that. 

We decided to go with Rainbow becasue of the good feeling I got, the price is reasonable and they include diapers and wipes in your tuition!  A very nice bonus!!  Also, once they start on table food, that is also included in the tuition.  If I remember right, Rainbow is $274/wk and Kiddie Acedemy is $290/wk.  I'm not looking forward to leaving my Little Man but I definitely want it to be with people I feel comfortable with!  Good luck with your search!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"