Maryland Babies
Options

STD and FMLA

Does anyone have any experience with FMLA and Short Term Disability? I am being told that time is concurrent. I was told earlier in my pregnancy that its 6 weeks STD, and then up to 12 weeks FMLA. What has everyone here experienced?

Appreciate your advice!

Re: STD and FMLA

• Options
    My STD was the first 6 weeks of my 12 weeks FMLA. I got paid 66% of my salary during those 6 weeks and then could supplement the rest with my sick/vacation time.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine is the same as pp, though I haven't used it yet!  66% salary, 6 weeks.  8 weeks for c section.  12 weeks total time off, can use as much of my sick time to supplement.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It depends on your employer.  As a federal employee I was able to take my 6 wks STD and then invoke my 12 wks of FMLA for a total "excused" absence of 18 weeks (20 if c/s).

I have heard of other employers that make you invoke yo

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMegcheer2:
    My STD was the first 6 weeks of my 12 weeks FMLA. I got paid 66% of my salary during those 6 weeks and then could s

• Options
    imagejcsntms06:

imageMegcheer2:</
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMegcheer2:
    imagejcsntms06:<

• Options
    I'd like to piggyback on this question and ask does anyone know what happens if you decide not to return to work? If you utilize STD FMLA and benefits are through your employer what happens if you resign rather than going back which was the original plan
  • Options
    The point of FMLA is to protect your job, so that you cannot be penalized for taking maternity leave. If you decide not to go back you don't need to invoke FMLA. (IT's not like you get paid for it anyway.) As far as STD goes, I think it may depend on
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm in HR and can confirm that they run concurrently. FMLA doesn't pay you, it just holds your job. If you are lucky enough to work for a company tht offers STD, that is paid time during your medical leave (usually 6 wks for vaginal delivery or 8 wks for
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Does your company have any employee policies...or anything?  Sometimes the fine print is really hidden.  Mine was concurrent.  I used 12 weeks of FMLA.  I got 8 weeks STD (it doesn't matter the type of birth for my company).  T

~ Mark & Chrissy ~ June 9, 2007 image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"