Postpartum Depression
Options

Postpartum Anxiety

I know this is the PPD board, but I was hoping some of you had advice. I've always been a worrier, but since I had DD it's gotten so much worse. I constantly worry about SIDS, my death, my SO's death, and just awful things in general. It's like I think about things that could happen and it just spirals out of control in my head. I googled "anxiety after birth" and found out about PPA. I had never heard of it. I'd like to think it's getting a bit better, but sometimes I still just get so worked up over stuff and it's crazy, but I can't make it stop. I don't want to go to the doctor and get put on medication. Does this ever get better or will it go away eventually? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Postpartum Anxiety

• Options

Hugs. It WILL get better and it WILL go away. But you may not have to simply suffer through it. Drugs/therapy are frequently helpful.

Since the feelings postpartum can be quite varied they are often called "PMD" or postpartum mood dis

• Options

I get PPA and PPOCD so I know what your feeling!  It does get better, and many moms go through it and it passes quickly when some of us need meds.....to this day LOL.  I still take meds because mine just never went away.  I had very bad

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is almost 8 months and my anxiety has never been worse so I know how you feel. I constantly think about death and who will take care of him if something were to happen. It consumes my thoughts both during the day and night to the point I wasn't even
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I've told me SO and his answer is "to just stop worrying". I wish it was that easy! As bad as I want it to fix itself and to not be on medication, I think it's time for me to call the doctor too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had severe PPA after my son.  Poor appetite, not sleeping, racing thoughts about all these awful things that could happen to me and my family.  I ended up in inpatient for 6 days, but with a combination of therapy and zoloft for abou
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I suffered with terrible PPA with all of the thoughts you are describing.

I have had anxiety my whole life, so I had a great therapist in place.  I am able to get through periods of intense anxiety with just talk therapy and no meds.

I

• Options

It's a problem if it's interfering with your ability to live your life. Like, if you're not able to sleep or eat normally, if you can't enjoy daily activities, if you don't enjoy things you used to like doing, feel removed from family, or if you're fee

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"