VBAC
Options

VBAC BTDTs tell me baby's weight plz

I'm all set to fight with my providers about EVERYTHING, and now I'm wondering...

Are they going to give me grief and make me re-think things because of DS2's birth weight?  He was born via c-section at 39 weeks exactly weight 10lbs .5oz.  

She's already making me take an early GD test because of his birth weight.  I feel like I just need to fall off my OB's radar and just show up at the hospital when I'm in labor.  Kidding... kind of.  :

Someone tell me they've had a gigantic baby, please?  Or, at least one close to 10lbs!!  

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: VBAC BTDTs tell me baby's weight plz

• Options
    Weight was never a concern dd was under 6 lbs, ds was less than 7. I was told that I would be induced if the baby started getting large. While not ideal, better than a rcs, imo.
  • Options
    I haven't had a VBAC yet not did I have a big baby. However I do have a friend in your situation. She passed her GD test both pregnancies but her midwife is recommending she follow the GD diet to hopefully keep baby from getting to be 9 to 10lb.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS2 was just over 10.5 lbs. My first was 8 lbs, via c section. I also refused late ultrasounds, but not bc I thought he'd be big. I am planning on eating low carb/GD diet if we have a third, just as a precaution.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

Baby #2 can be smaller.  My VBAC baby (8lbs) was one pound less than my c-section baby (9lbs). 

Here's a CPD/large baby video ICAN put out a few years ago:

http:/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Is it just because it will be a VBAC? 'Cause that girl in England recently had a 15 lb baby vaginally... Did you read that story? Ouch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageladybugpjb:

Is it just because it will be a VBAC? 'Cause that girl in England recently had a 15 lb baby vaginally... Did you r

DS1: August 2009 (emergency c/s, HELLP syndrome) DS2: September 2012 (VBAC)
  • Options
    imagecchill01:

Baby #2 can be smaller.  My VBAC baby (8lbs) was one pound less than my c-section baby (9lbs). <

Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• Options
    My friend had a csection after her first baby, 9 lbs, was "too big too fit." She had two successful vbacs with 10 and 11 pound babies, both very fast and uncomplicated labours.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My HBAC baby was 8lbs 4oz, but I'd love to have a bigger baby this time. I love big babies!
  • Options
    imagePinkLily1234:
    imageJaysonan
    Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• Options
    Thank you all for your replies.  :) 
    Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• Options
    imageJaysonandKristin:
    imagecchi
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My SIL didn't VBAC - both babies were vaginal births: 10 lbs 8 oz for the first, and 11 lbs even for the second
  • Options
    My DS was 8lbs 12oz..........I refused the growth check later on in the pregnancy bc I didn't want anyone saying he was too big!
    DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
  • Options

DD was 9 lbs 15 oz, c-section for failed induction

DS was HBAC, 10 lbs 5 oz.  Barely a tear, no stitches.

Size doesn't have much to do with it.  Your body is made

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    And BTW, if you feel like you're having to fight with your providers about everything already - might be a big reason to switch providers.  Find someone supportive of VBAC.
  • Options

imagesarahsteve:
    And BTW, if you feel like you're having to fight with your providers about everything already - might be a big rea
    Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• Options
    So sorry you're dealing with that!  You can do it, mama - be strong and stand up for yourself.  Educate yourself on the facts about VBAC and speak up :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"