Indiana Babies

IU West & Westside OBs

Westsiders - did any of you deliver at IU West?  I'd like to hear about your experience there.

Also - recommend your OB.  Right after we moved to Avon I got mastitis and was treated by a doctor here that I really liked, but when I called to make my 1st appointment for Baby 2.0, I was told that I'd be seen by all the doctors in the practice, not just her.  The other two doctors are both men.  I know I shouldn't care, but the thought of a male OB just kind of weirds me out.  Am I being ridiculous? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: IU West & Westside OBs

• I go to Westside Physicians for Women and see Dr Badman. There are 3 women in the practice and my older sister has 6 kids and went to another Dr in the practice for the last 4. We both love them and I will be delivering at Hendricks as well. I highly recommend the OB and the hospital!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ebd08ebd08 member
    I guess I never even considered Hendricks!  That's the one in Danville, right?
  • Loading the player...
  • I see Dr. Ivy Lee at West.  She is awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• I delivered at IU West and had a great experience.  The maternity unit is really nice and I was actually shocked at how huge the rooms are.  You labor, deliver, and recover all in the same room so you don't have to move around.  The nurses were really great to us, room service was good and pretty quick, and there was plenty of room for visitors.  You can take a tour of the unit and that answers a lot of questions.

I go to Ob/Gyn of Indiana, it's in the same building as the hospital on the opposite side of the building.  My main doctor is Dr. Nathalie Castillo and I love her, been going to her for about 5 years.  The doctor that delivered my baby was Dr. Martin as she was on call that day.  They do the thing where they encourage you to see each doctor at least once during your pregnancy because you'll be delivered by whomever is on call.  Some people aren't crazy about that but I was fine with it really.  Dr. Martin was awesome during my delivery.

ETA: I just saw you feel weird about a male doctor, there are 5 docs there and only 1 is a man so at least your chances are higher of having a female deliver you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I delivered at Methodist last week with Dr Karen Gallagher just off 38th street exit. 2 Dr's both female. Every nurse I had at Methodist used Dr Gallagher as there delivery Dr. I love her and had great experience with both pregnancies at Methodist.
    2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I do as well!! She is awesome!
  • ebd08ebd08 member

imagemjsmith78:
    I go to Westside Physicians for Women and see Dr Badman. There are 3 women in the practice and my older sister has 6 kids and went to another Dr in the practice for the last 4. We both love them and I will be delivering at Hendricks as well. I highly recommend the OB and the hospital!

I just looked up this practice and it is very close to us.  Thanks for the recommendation!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"