Multiples
Options

FSA and private hospital room

If you upgraded to a private hospital room for post-partum recovery, did your FSA cover it? 

My FSA is telling me (over the phone) that the difference between semi-private and private recovery room is eligible, but they don't have anything in writing that says so.  What was your experience?

TIA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FSA and private hospital room

• Options
    nope not REMOTELY covered under mine. Not only that, its $575 EXTRA a night.  oh yes, I said $575 a NIGHT!!! totally nuts.  I was just at our hospital for our last NST and the nurse there (who also did her own deliveries there) told me it wasnt worth the $2,000.  I wish for you that it is covered or that it is cheap!! Try to get them to send you an email confirming its covered, that way if they argue it, you have it in writing.  I just had to do that with pre-certification since one rep told me it was required and another told me it wasn't.  GL.   
  • Options

imageeileenm21:
    nope not REMOTELY covered under mine. Not only that, its $575 EXTRA a night.  oh yes, I said $575 a NIGHT!!! totally nuts.  I was just at our hospital for our last NST and the nurse there (who also did her own deliveries there) told me it wasnt worth the $2,000.  I wish for you that it is covered or that it is cheap!! Try to get them to send you an email confirming its covered, that way if they argue it, you have it in writing.  I just had to do that with pre-certification since one rep told me it was required and another told me it wasn't.  GL.   

Just to be clear, are you talking about health insurance or FSA? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When I had DD the last month before birth I couldn't sleep for anything.  All I kept saying was....once I have this kid, I'll FINALLY get my sleep in the hospital before I come home and then get NO sleep.

Well......what a flippin nightmare.  I had to share a room and I had 1 problematic roommate after another.  I had a section so I was there for longer than the typical vaginal.  I BARELY got any sleep, both girls had all kinds of issues in the middle of the night.  By the 1st night home, I seriously couldn't see straight.

I already prepared DH...I don't ask for much, we don't go on vacation often, I AM GETTING a private room - ESPECIALLY with twins this time around.  I don't care how much it costs.  I am going to need it!!!

• Options
    imagenygrl79:

Just to be clear, are you talking about health insurance or FSA? 

sorry!!!!!  I am talking about health insurance.  Pregnancy brain just skimmed right over that part and since I have been doing the research on it for the past few days, when I saw the private room title I jumped! 

• Options

i lucked out and had a private room for free- all the hospitals in my area now have all private/free rooms for mother baby rooms - thank God.

I can also say that I would have paid ANYTHING per night to have my own room- with both my deliveries - (first was vag and 2nd was c/s)... i can't even begin to imagine sharing a room and bathroom with someone with what i was going through - the blood dripping out of me and all over the bathroom floor, shower, etc.... let alone trying to sleep when i wanted to --- OMG- it just makes me sick to think of anyone sharing a room in a situation like that --- the thought of the blood and bodily fluids that come out of you alone -- without being sterilized ever 10 minutes in the bathroom--- ewe....

pay for it- you won't regret it!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"