Dads & Dads-to-be

Video games?!?!

When, or if y'all get some free time, Do you enjoy video games? I like to switch it up between Count Strike: Source, and Diablo 3.

Thoughts? 

Re: Video games?!?!

• I like video games!

I played Diablo 3 when it first came out. Like a lot of people, I've gotten bored with it since. I'm not so much into FPS. I need to buy the new Civ game. The civilization series is probably my favorite of all time. I love turn based strategy games.

I also like RPGs, although I'm waaaay "behind". I've become a fan of flash games, especially ones that have a retro feel. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Was a big MMO player for about 12 years. Haven't logged in to any lately.

• Loading the player...
  • This past month was huge for video games, at least for me.  The new Tomb Raider was amazing, God of War: Ascension (which wasn't bad, just not as good as the others), and especially Bioshock: Infinite.  Best game of the year so far!  I strongly recommend it!

• imageLuckyDad:

I like video games!

I played Diablo 3 when it first came out. 

Have you played it since? They've got a considerable amount if bugs/issues patched. Even dueling now, which my Demon Hunter totally kicks at, with 290k damage :) 

• I have not played vids in a couple of months now.  I always vow to do it, turn the PS3 on, and by the time I am free it is already time for bed.

I leave for a wedding tomorrow, so today is my last day in the office.  I might just try to get into some Battlefield or Ace Combat: Assault Horizon tonight since I can stay up late.

I really do miss gaming every night, but I know it will pick up again once the boy is old enough to get it.

• imageT3hHusband:
    imageLuckyDad:

I like video games!

I played Diablo 3 when it first came out. 

Have you played it since? They've got a considerable amount if bugs/issues patched. Even dueling now, which my Demon Hunter totally kicks at, with 290k damage :) 

I stuck around until... let's see... DS was born in April 2012 and I was still playing then after he went to bed. We moved in November 2012 and I was still playing a little bit before the move, not so much after. So yeah, I logged in maybe once in the last 5 months or so. I never made it to level 60 with any of my characters. 

• imageladyjenna13:

I really do miss gaming every night, but I know it will pick up again once the boy is old enough to get it.

Oh god, this. SO this.

I really can't wait til DS is 5 or 6 and can really PLAY games like Mario Kart and Lego Star Wars and maybe even Pokemon. There are some really fun games out there that can appeal to both adults and kids in cooperative play. 

• PrimePrime member

imageLuckyDad:

I need to buy the new Civ game. The civilization series is probably my favorite of all time. I love turn based strategy games.

Civ 2 is still my favorite game ever.  I spent so much time on that.  I haven't picked up the most recent one either.  I did play Civilization Revolution on the Xbox though.

I play shooters and RPGs on the my 360.  I also picked up a Vita that I've been playing MLB the Show 13 on.  That is probably going to be my connection to gaming if I can maintain one.  Don't have to be in front of the tv and I can just pop it on for 10 min and do something and it goes back to sleep after that.

• Never really tried Civ 2, I was a fan of Turn-base since Hero's of Might n Magic. I play Forza 3 on my 360 sometimes and Maddox loves it. He's always going Cars cars carrrs?!?! And I would crash one, he'd get all sad and go ooooh nooo. lol
  • imageT3hHusband:
    Never really tried Civ 2, I was a fan of Turn-base since Hero's of Might n Magic. I play Forza 3 on my 360 sometimes and Maddox loves it. He's always going Cars cars carrrs?!?! And I would crash one, he'd get all sad and go ooooh nooo. lol

How old is Maddox?

And is it #2 that is coming in October then? 

• imageLuckyDad:

imageT3hHusband:
    Never really tried Civ 2, I was a fan of Turn-base since Hero's of Might n Magic. I play Forza 3 on my 360 sometimes and Maddox loves it. He's always going Cars cars carrrs?!?! And I would crash one, he'd get all sad and go ooooh nooo. lol

How old is Maddox?

And is it #2 that is coming in October then? 

Maddox will be 2 in June,  I have a daughter (9 in May) from a previous...relationship that turned into a brief marriage. So this will be my 3rd, and our Second. 

• I'm working on trophies of my old games now that I have less time to play online.  It's nice to be able to hit pause if I need to.  Right now I'm playing a lot of XCOM and sneaking in a bit of nascar and nhl every once in a while.
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • PrimePrime member
    Heard good things about XCOM.  I'll probably pick it up at some point.

• Which XCOM? Is it anything like the classic, original turn based XCOM? There have been a lot of duds in that franchise.
  • PrimePrime member
    One came out last year.  I haven't played it at all but heard good things.  Sounds like something I would enjoy.

• I looked into it. Looks pretty interesting, since I already have Steam I might download the demo. 
  • imageLuckyDad:
    Which XCOM? Is it anything like the classic, original turn based XCOM? There have been a lot of duds in that franchise.

It's a lot like the classic... keeps the turn play and distance restrictions.  Graphics are very good.  It's a great update to the original, and I have been playing during every nap time I can.  I highly recommend it.

• Here's an in depth preview from IGN.  It shows all of the gameplay as he reviews it.  They rated it at 8.2 and players have rated it 8.8

https://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/14/xcom-enemy-unknown-preview

• My little cousins are coming over tonight so I think I'm going to introduce them to the magic and mayhem of Super Smash Brothers on the old Gamecube.  Love that game.

• Hah! Link FTW!
  • I used to play.  Right before my oldest was born, my XBox 360 got a quarter of the "red ring of death" and I just haven't tried to fix/replace it yet.  Right now, with a 2 year old and a 7 week old, I wouldn't have much time to play it anyways.

When I did have time to play, it was mostly Madden, some Call of Duty and a few other games.

I am looking at maybe getting a 360 again, and getting the Kinect because I saw some games that maybe my 2 year old would get into... but not sure I want to open that can of worms quite yet.

• imagefutant462:
    My little cousins are coming over tonight so I think I'm going to introduce them to the magic and mayhem of Super Smash Brothers on the old Gamecube.  Love that game.

AWESOME!  Used to play with a buddy in college all the time.  Amazing way to waste away a few hours!

Im currently working on Hitman Absoloution challenges and trophy's.  Im looking forward to GTA V and the new Assasins Creed however since my baby is due before both come out- I doubt they will be a part of my inventory any time soon. 

Baby Jackson Grant Due 9/20/13 BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"