January 2013 Moms
Options

feeling empty

I've always had a rally strong milk supply and I thought my Lo was going through a growth spurt this week because he has been wanting to eat more often, which is fine. However, I've been constantly feeling so empty enough that I feel like I'm making him going hungry. He is usually getting a lot if milk every feeding and has a full tummy, but this week I feel like he's just sucking me dry and keeps sucking in hopes that he will get more. I usually only feed one boob at at time per feeding but for 3 nights in a row for bedtime, i have had to keep switching Boobs untill I feel like he is satisfied.

Do you think this is a temporary thing and he's trying to train my body into making more milk for his growing body? Or do you think I'm suddenly not making enough?
Has anyone else felt like this before? The last time I felt like this was when he was 6 weeks old, but it only lasted one night , maybe two.

Thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: feeling empty

• Options
    I've felt this way before too then found out that DD was going through a MAJOR growth spurt. Check the scale. You may be surprised I sure was!. And as long as his wet diaper count and weight are fine, all is good :
  • Options
    When I had that feeling with DD1, it usually coincided with a growth spurt or my period. I'm noticing the same pattern with my 9 week old. I've had two periods in the last 4 weeks, and in between them my supply skyrocketed, but during and right before she
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt this exact same way last week. DD nurses for 510 minutes on one side every single time but last week that jumped to 2030 both sides for a few days. I Felt so empty i started thinking something went horribly wrong with my supply. It got so bad that
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageKateS7:
    I felt this exact same way last week. DD nurses for 510 minutes on one side every single time but last week that jumped to
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    after a while you shouldn't feel full anymore.  I only feel full when I get overfull basically if she sleeps longer than normal. Otherwise through out the day my boobs just feel normal.  DD only eats from one side.  its fine if they are sat
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagePrivacyWanted:
    I nursed DD for almost 23months. I'd get that feeling occasionally. Usually she would have a growth spurt around the

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options

I'm feeling this way NOW! I'm already worried about my supply because I don't pump nearly as much as other ladies here do. (I'm happy to get 3 ozs total in a session.) LO has always been satisfied on my breast but last night he was up every hour on the

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"