January 2013 Moms
Options

Belly Sleepers

I would rather not turn this into a SIDS debate. I've done my research and know all about the risks but I was just wondering if there are any other belly sleepers out there. LO HATED being swaddled since the day he was born. He would scream while the nurses swaddled him and would grunt and squirm until he could get an arm free. We attempted swaddling for a few weeks and finally just gave up. He wouldn't sleep very well though. So one very exhausted night I laid him on his belly in his PnP (he would sleep so well laying on my chest) and poof! He would sleep for longer than a hour. That was around 6 weeks and he will be 3 months tomorrow and now sleeps 8-10 hours at night. Anyone else break the rules?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Belly Sleepers

• Options
    I break it for nap. He sleeps in the RNP at night and does ok there. He will sleep for hours for a nap on his belly. It started with him on me but then I could never get up...so I started moving him to next to me in bed. I didn't like that either because
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our LO will only sleep on her belly. She spits up all the time and she chokes if she is on her back. She sleeps next to me in her co-sleeper and sometimes on my chest if we fall asleep after breastfeeding (since she has to be upright for 30min after each
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried putting him on his belly and he wasn't having it. My mom just asked last night if I had tried because she is convinced he would sleep in his crib if I laid him on his belly. She said that's how all of her kids slept. Belly sleepers, bumpers in the
  • Options
    she only sleeps on her belly when she's on me....and she can sleep real well that way...there was a time when we slept on the couch together and she would sleep up to 9 hours....i have yet to try to see if she'll sleep that way in her pnp....her neck cont

• Options
    Yep, I let him sleep on his belly for naps.. Either on me or on a flat surface couch usually next to me. I do keep a closer eye on him because he will bury his face directly down. We still swaddle at night, and regardless I think I'd be too nervous to put
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ds was a belly sleeper as soon as I stopped swaddling.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My niece was a belly sleeper. That is the only way she would sleep. I think you know you LO the best so you should do what works for you and your LO!
  • Options
    DD naps on her belly in the middle of the boppy.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    If I thought she'd sleep better that way I'd probably try it especially now that she's a little older. She hates tummy time though and refuses to relax on her belly so I don't think she'd sleep.
  • Options

imageecu0505:
    My niece was a belly sleeper. That is the only way she would sleep. I think you know you LO the best so you shou
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Options

imagecodeaard:
    I would rather not turn this into a SIDS debate. I've done my research and know all about the risks but I was just w
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• Options
    I'm a lurker, that really needs to introduce myself lol but.....when DD was about 1 month old I don't know why I just flipped her over one night and like you "poof" she slept a 7 hour stretch. She belly sleeps every nap and at night. I don't like to admit

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!