D.C. Area Babies

DC, lost our baby

I went for my 8 week appointment on Monday morning and my doctor was unable to see a heartbeat. She immediately made an appointment for me to go to the imagining center for a more thorough ultrasound. Last Monday my husband and I saw the heartbeat and even received our first photos. The ultrasound showed no heartbeat and the baby apparently had been dead since Wednesday of last week based on it's growth. I cried like crazy as this is my second pregnancy first one was an ectopic pregnancy. I decided to go with the DC procedure and had surgery later in the day. I feel sad but understand that the baby wasn't healthy which is why this happened. Yesterday I had no pain last night while trying to sleep I incurred massive pain and cramping. Anyone else experience this and have any advice?

Re: DC, lost our baby

• I don't have any advice but wanted to share that I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • Thank you for the kind words.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so very sorry for your loss
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's normal to have sudden cramping when you had none after a procedure like that. Just let them know if you suddenly have very heavy bleeding.

You can see my fertility history below. The book Spirit Babies really helped me. I even had a phone reading with Walter. I'm sorry too. Hang in there...

TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh my heart goes out to you, sweetpea. Knowing that it's the best thing doesn't make it any easier. May you only have happiness and ease with your next one!!
  • I'm sure you are past the worst of it now. I've also suffered a handful of early losses. It's painful whether you have a d and c or it passes naturally. Sorry you have had to go through this. It's not terribly uncommon to go through a couple of failed pregnancies but you could also request testing from your dr at this point to to rule out any genetic disorders.
  • I know I am late seeing this but my husband and myself lost our first pregnancy at ten weeks after also sering pics/hearing heartbeat...so I know where you are coming from and am so sorry for your loss. It will get better...promise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"