D.C. Area Babies
Options

DC, lost our baby

I went for my 8 week appointment on Monday morning and my doctor was unable to see a heartbeat. She immediately made an appointment for me to go to the imagining center for a more thorough ultrasound. Last Monday my husband and I saw the heartbeat and even received our first photos. The ultrasound showed no heartbeat and the baby apparently had been dead since Wednesday of last week based on it's growth. I cried like crazy as this is my second pregnancy first one was an ectopic pregnancy. I decided to go with the DC procedure and had surgery later in the day. I feel sad but understand that the baby wasn't healthy which is why this happened. Yesterday I had no pain last night while trying to sleep I incurred massive pain and cramping. Anyone else experience this and have any advice?

Re: DC, lost our baby

• Options
    I don't have any advice but wanted to share that I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind words.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

It's normal to have sudden cramping when you had none after a procedure like that. Just let them know if you suddenly have very heavy bleeding.

You can see my fertility history below. The book Spirit Babies really helped me. I even had a phone reading with Walter. I'm sorry too. Hang in there...

TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh my heart goes out to you, sweetpea. Knowing that it's the best thing doesn't make it any easier. May you only have happiness and ease with your next one!!
  • Options
    I'm sure you are past the worst of it now. I've also suffered a handful of early losses. It's painful whether you have a d and c or it passes naturally. Sorry you have had to go through this. It's not terribly uncommon to go through a couple of failed pregnancies but you could also request testing from your dr at this point to to rule out any genetic disorders.
  • Options
    I know I am late seeing this but my husband and myself lost our first pregnancy at ten weeks after also sering pics/hearing heartbeat...so I know where you are coming from and am so sorry for your loss. It will get better...promise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"