March 2013 Moms
Options

Induced mamas

For those of you that we're induced, how long did it take from beginning to delivery? Also, what was your experience with Cervidil and/or Pitocin? I'm overdue and sched for induction Monday. Just curious and anxious about it. Don't want a C section! =
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Induced mamas

• Options
    I am with you. Scheduled for induction 7am Monday morning. Pretty nervous. Also anxious about heightened chance of csection. My dr will be starting me on Cytotec similar to Cervadil first to see how it works. Good luck to you on an April Fools Baby. I'm s
    BabyFruit Ticker *Brianna*
  • Options
    I was induced with DD. Keep in mind I was about 4.5cm and 90 when I went in. My DD was born 6 hours after Pitocin was started. The contractions were awful. I had a vaginal delivery with no tears and pushed for 10 to 15 minutes. I know more people who have
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first, I went in the night before at 0 cm. Cervildil was started that night and it got me to 1cm by the next morning. Pitocin was started around 7am and DS was born a little after 11 pm. I pushed for about an hour and a half with him.
    <br /

• Options
    I was induced at 41 weeks, 0cm and barely starting to soften. I received Cytotec at 10pm was having regular contractions every 2 minutes by 1am so I never had another dose. By 6am, I was at 4cm and progressing so they cancelled the Pitocin. Delivered at n
  • Options

I went to my dr at 41 weeks.  he stimulated my cervix in the office and told me to go in at 8pm that night to start cervidil.  I lost my mp a little after getting home.  I got to the hospital and was actually having contractions which st

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I haven't dilated past half a cm for a while now and am nervous about having a really long labor. My OB said my cervix "isn't favorable" to soften and dilate naturally. I just hope the meds work and I that labor isn't drawn out for a r
  • Options
    I had Cytotec for 12 hrs, then the foley bulb for 12 hours, then pitocin for 18 hrs, and still had only dilated 1cm! Had a c section.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • Options

I was induced at 37 weeks and had a failed induction. I "labored" (hur hur) for around 60 hours with various interventions (foley bulb, high dosages of pitocin, manual water breaking), did walking, showering, nipple stimulation and anything else I coul

• Options
    I went in at 38 weeks only a fingertip dilated and 50 percent effaced. I had 2 doses of cervadil and 2 doses of pitocin over 43 hours. My cervix softened but never dilated despite intense contractions the whole time. I ended up with a c section. Honestly,
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options

My sis had cream applied at 1pm, was sent home and by he time she came back at 8pm to have its checked she was ready to go, no time for epidural delivered an hour later.

i had a Foley catheter, it was put in in the evening, came out between 4/5am

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Options
    19 hours with piticin was a good experience. Get the epi, it's amazing
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was induced with cervidile and pitocin and in labor for 32 hours before I had a csection. I just wasn't progressing but I was also only 36w5d so my body wasn't ready. The dr also said my pelvis was too small to ever deliver a baby so a csection was in
  • Options

My membranes ruptured on Monday at 6pm, and since I didn't have contractions and therefore wasn't progressing (75% effaced and 2cm), I was induced later that night with oxytocin, around 10pm...

Well 12 hours of contractions (2 minutes apart, and

• Options
    With dd1, my induction took 15 hours.

With dd2, it took 12.

With both, they just started me on Pitocin and it escalated from there. I had successful vaginal deliveries with both.
  • Options
    Went in 1cm/50% effaced at 41w2d. Started with cytotec, then pitocin. Took 38 hours from start to birth with a vacuum-assist.
  • Options
    I went in on a Wednesday night in which they inserted the Cervidil at around 7 pm. I was given the pitocin at about 7 am the next day and had my water broken at 9 am and my little man was here by 3 pm.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"