High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

FTM's not attending any baby classes?

I have a minimum of 3 dr appts a week now (2 of which landed me in the hospital for 7+ hours 2 different days this week) and just do not have time to schedule any labor and birth, breastfeeding or baby care classes (most of which are between 3-7 hours long!) Are they REALLY necessary? I only wonder because for THOUSANDS of years, there were no such things and women birthed and raised their children from pure instinct...

The only thing we ARE signed up for is the hospital tour, so we can make sure of our route to the hospital and where we need to check in, and where we will be going during labor/birth and post-delivery. 

Any thoughts? 

Re: FTM's not attending any baby classes?

• Options
    I didn't do any of it.  Both my kids made it through being infants:) The nurses will help you through labor.  An LC will help you with breastfeeding in the hospital.  Don't worry.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I did nothing with DD -- by choice.  I had worked in the hospital where I delivered her and was already a high risk pregnancy.  I heard so many stories of how people were disappointed by their birth story or it went different then their "birth p
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For those of you who took classes, at what point in your pregnancy did you take them?
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"