Babies: 9 - 12 Months

I broke up with Dr. Ferber

And it feels good. I no longer feel guilty (now I'm just tired...)

I finally got fed up this week of treating sleep like a battle against my baby. Ferber worked for about the first week, and then it has been nothing but hearing him cry most nights for almost 2 months now. It is probably because he isn't night weaned and so I can't be 100% consistent because sometimes I would go in and nurse him and sometimes not. I'm so jealous of the people for whom it has worked miracles. If the night wakings get super bad again, maybe I'll try the Sleep Lady or something.

Anyone else try sleep training and it didn't work for them? Are you now like me and trying to wait it out some more?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I broke up with Dr. Ferber

• We didn't do any sleep training. I would rock LO to sleep for every nap and bedtime (SAHM) and would get her up and feed her in the night if she was hungry. We never let her CIO or anything like that because rocking or feeding always worked and she sle

• My daughter has never slept thought the night. Most nights she is up 5 times some night more or less. I have done Ferber and I read many other books. Nothing has worked. I have not slept more than 2 hrs straight but after trying many sleep training option

Hypothyroid/Fibroids/Stage 4 Endometriosis

10/2010 Open myomectomy to remove 3 fibroids largest @ 8 inches. Stage 4 endometriosis and inoperable/blocked left tube.

3/2011 Laporoscopy/Hysteroscopy. 3 endometrioma cysts, hydrosalpinx, left tube and half of the left ovary removed.

5/2011 IUI #1 medicated w/injections, 1 follie = BFP!

6/2011 Blighted Ovum/ D&C

9/2011 IUI #2 medicated w/injections, 2 follies = BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry it didn't work for you. I only used Ferber to get LO to fall asleep on his own and I continued to night feed until he dropped it on his own. I have to say though, Ferber would have broken up with you too. I'm pretty sure his book says not to co
  • imageRMama2012:
    Sorry it didn't work for you. I only used Ferber to get LO to fall asleep on his own and I continued to night feed
  • I didn't / probably won't sleep train either.  In the beginning it was because I just couldn't fathom the idea.  Then as my LO got older I could see how people could/would do it, especially when the crying goes from the newborn cry of need to th
  • I think Ferber broke up with Ferber:) I  read somewhere recently that he recanted his theories about sleep in old age . . Do what works best for you and don't stress to much, eventually they'll all STTN . . . except mine, he's NEVER going to.

• I never did sleep training either. I do what feels right to us.

From 5 months to 8 months, DS's sleep got progressively worse. I could see why people did sleep training, but it never felt right. DS went from STTN to eventually waking every 90
  • imagewife07mom09:

totally your decision how to do this

BUT

Ferber wasn't the problem, you were. You MUST be consistent

• imagekhill86:
    I never did sleep training either. I do what feels right to us. From 5 months to 8 months, DS's sleep got progress
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I tried Ferber, Sleep Lady, and the No Cry Sleep Solution. None got my baby to go to sleep on his own or sleep more than a couple hours straight.

What did work? Weissbluth and "full extinction."
    https://www.amazon.com/Hea

D14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel 3rd Tri:
    imageimageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Our situation was the opposite. Had problems BF so he was bottle fed from the beginning. He started sttn between 6-8wks old (he already weighed over 10lbs). As he got older though he just started randomly waking up and we

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congrats to you for going with your instinct. We never sleep trained our twins. People think we are ridiculous for refusing methods like Ferber and Babywise, but it's nice to not have to hear them scream or feel guilty for betraying their trust or worryin
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"