Infertility
Options

Stress and 1st Acupuncture-long vent

I had my first acupuncture treatment.It was interesting and some of the needles I could feel more than the others. I learned not to move! lol  I was a little skeptical at first, but I paid attention to where she placed the needles and compared it to the book at I have, "The Infertility Cure" by Randine Lewis. It has diagrams and descriptions of what each needle placement focuses on. She gave me the same diagnosis that the test from the book gave me, so I feel more comfortable on that aspect.But the financial....

I knew it was going to be $95 for that one session and I know that my insurance won't cover it because it is for fertility. I guess the financial aspect didn't hit until I saw the packages they offer to help save money.... 10 sessions for $750! And supposedly she needs three months, so that is actually 24 sessions?!  I can only afford to do the 10 sessions, but if I need three months, is it even worth spending the money on just the 10 sessions?

On top of that, the Gonal/Letrozene/IUI combo is going to be several grand. Because of the stress of all of this, I have sought a Licensed Counselor at my church who has a fee of $75 per session. And I feel awful because I know many of you have done this numerous times and are even on IVF which is even more expensive. I just don't know what to do. I am so scared to basically gamble this much money. DH is fine with putting it in our debt. I signed up to teach Summer School which pays about 2 grand a session and that will help. The only problem with that is that working the entire Summer is also stressful and I won't have the time to do all of the treatments because I have to be there from 7am to 5pm and they really don't want you using substitutes. Plus,I did that last year and it felt like I didn't get an actual break because the second Summer School got out, I have to start going to Professional Development classes and planning off of the work and plays for the upcoming year.I ended up having my mmc last year when Summer School got out and didn't have enough time to really take off for myself before I had to go back to work.

Sorry this is so long, but like I said, this whole process is really weighing heavily on my mind and stressing me out. Any advice is appreciated!  Thanks.

BFP #1 6/16/2012 EDD 2/25/2013 MMC @ 7 weeks(found out at 10 weeks) 8/2/2012 BFP #2 2/8/2013 EDD 10/25/2013 Beta #1 56 Beta #2 62 Beta #3 156 Beta #4 665 Beta #5 1091 Blighted Ovum 2/27/2013

Re: Stress and 1st Acupuncture-long vent

• Options

I don't have any advice but just want to say I feel ya on all of it!  I'd like to try acupuncture, but the nearest place is 2 hrs from me and the cost doesn't help either. Wish it wasn't so expensive!  

As far as work goes, I was a teac

Me:40 DH: 43 m/c #1 4/8/08 @ 5w::natural
    m/c #2 missed m/c discovered 12/11/08 @ 8w3d :: d&c 12/15/08
    Feb 2009-began seeing an RE:: DX with unexplained IF
    Sept 2009 -2010 TTC using femara ...eventually work called me out of town.
    June 2011 DX with thyroid cancer-forced to put baby making on hold
    11/15/12 IUI #1 BFN and 12/15/12 IUI #2 BFN
    Feb 2013 IVF-BFN:: April 2013 FET-Cancelled:: July 2013 FET-1 frostie
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  imageimage  
    image image
  • Options

All I can say is that from my personal experience (I've gone through 4 IVF cycles and a FET), I had my best (and latest) cycle doing acupunture 1-2 times per week...I understand that it's definitely an investment and hard to swallow given all the

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"