Working Moms
Options

Tips for night shift?

Hello. I start 12 hour nights this evening from 7 to 7. I'm graduating nursing school in a month and will probably get a job on nights as well. Any advice? I'm scared if crashing around 2.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tips for night shift?

• Options
    Is someone watching baby during the day so you can get some sleep?  I don't work nights, but that would be my biggest concern with being able to function.
  • Options
    I've had to work a few nights and I understand why some people prefer them.  Without all the "day folks" around, you can get so much more done.  I've never had an issue with staying awake all night.  Just be careful on your drive home!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What always helped me was making sure that my sleeping environment during the day was dark. Blackout curtains were a must for me. I also have ear plugs that I wear if outside noise it too much, but you may not want these if your going to be having to g

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't worked nights but from watching my SIL do it here's my advice:  Make sure you treat sleeping during the day the same as sleeping at night.  It seems too many people try to burn the candle at both ends because they feel they should be a
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    My husband works nights, and we definitely treat his sleep time with respect and don't think oh he can watch LO an hour or two here or there. So having care options unplaced will be key. Other then that if you haven't done it before it can be quite an adj
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"