Natural Birth

Those who have had a water birth...

My last birth was natural, in a hospital. This time, I have switched practices to be in a hospital that does water birth. They said I can wear my own clothes, whatever I want. So no horrible gown! What did you wear for labor/ water birth. What did you find most comfortable/ convenient, or what didn't work out so great. And how many changes of clothes did you bring, for circumstances like water breaking, etc. 

Thanks! 

Re: Those who have had a water birth...

• Both of my waterbirths were HBs.  Out of the water with the first I wore a skirt and tank top.  In the water I wore a bathing suit top.

With the second it all happened too fast to worry about what I was wearing.  I ended up complet

• Haven't had one yet but I'm planning on a sports bra and that's it.  I feel like the fabric may get in the way/annoy me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • Loading the player...
  • I wore tank tops for all three of my water births . For the labor part I wore pajama pants for the most part till I got to the birth center and got into the tub . I brought two changes if clothes with me but that was strictly for after the birth when my b
  • I ended up naked in the tub. However, it was just me, DH, the MW and birthing assistant. I was at a birthing center. If there had been more traffic I would have been more comfortable in a bikini or sports bra top. I had both a top and birthing gown rea

TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• a genie bra and a stretchy, loose skirt for laboring on land, just the bra for laboring in water.  I ended up naked and in a gown at one point.  I was naked for the delivery.
  • I labored the entire time in the tub but had to deliver in the bed as the hospital did not allow water births.  I only wore a nursing bra for L&D.  I was very comfortable in the bra and it allowed me to latch LO on right away.  I brough
  • image+adamwife+:

Both of my waterbirths were HBsOut of the water with the first I wore a skirt and tank to

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just labored in the tub, my hospital doesn't do water births.  I brought a tankini top, but never wore it.  I'm not very modest, so I just labored naked in the tub.  They wrapped towels around me when I got out to push, but I didn't chang
  • I wore nothing, but had planned to get a black sports bra on but was in the throws of a fast labor and it never happened. This time, I hope to put my cute maternity tankini top on if I labor or birth in the water.
  • I wore sweatpants and a tank top, over my bathing suit.  Had my water broke, I obviously would have lost the pants.  However, mine didn't break until right before he was born, in the tub, at which time I only had on my bathing suit top.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just a sport- bra like top- a real sports bra would feel to restrictive IMO- it was basically a fabric band.  I swear though once in labor you will not care about what you're wearing or modesty...whatever's not going to bother you- if it's too tight,

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image   

BFP #2 03/01/13 EDD 11/12/13 MC and D&C 04/29/13 @ 12 weeks. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  

mean_girls_35345]       image BabyFetus Ticker

• I wore my tank top...think I even still had my bra on.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"