LGBT Parenting
Options

Wanting to try at home insemenation for first time....

Me and my girlfriend are wanting to try this to get pregnant only thing is our donor isn't available like 5 days a week to give us his sperm cuz of work shift differences. So is what I need to know is if the best day for us to try is on ovulation day??? Feel free to email me at my regular email please. anissaann2008yahoo.com

Re: Wanting to try at home insemenation for first time....

• Options

Welcome to the board and congrats on starting your journey. 

Ovulation is completely different for everyone. I recommend that you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and start charting your cycles. You will want to take your temp (read in t

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options

Like PP, I highly recommend Taking Charge of My Fertility.  It will help you understand your body's cycles and time your inseminations correctly.

Do you have a legal contract with your known donor? If not, I recommend you speak with a lawyer

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"