Birthday Parties
Options

Close to holiday

If your LO was born close to a holiday, will/did you incorporate it into the party somehow?

DD 11/1/12
DS 7/16/14
DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
DS MSPI, egg allergy

Re: Close to holiday

• Options
    DS was born very close to Christmas. We plan on having parties separate from the holiday and not related to it in anyway. We want him to feel special on his day!
  • Options

I would not, my birthday sometimes falls on Easter but as a little kid you want the attention to be more focused on you than the holiday.

My cousin`s birthday was on the 4th of July and people used to tell the fireworks were for his birthday, he

No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope.  DH was born 9 days before x-mas and I VERY much want his b-day to be about his b-day.  Not Christmas.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

My son is close to Easter and I don't plan to do anything related to Easter ever.

My daughter was born on Halloween and I have done a Halloween party before. It was fun. 

utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe I would do St. Patrick's day or Halloween but I think that's it.
  • Options
    I was born on November 6th my big sister was born the 22nd so we always celebrated with the extented family on Thanksgivings, i loved it and hated it.  We always did something special on my actual b-day though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS's bday is close to Halloween, and for his 1st bday, we did have a pumpkin theme.  I felt a little bad about it (even though he was too little to care), so for his 2nd bday, we did Sesame Street, which he loves.  I figure going forward I'll st
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD's birthday is 4 days after Christmas and we will not incorporate it. I'll specifically avoid red & green!
  • Options
    NydaPNydaP member

My son was born four days before Thanksgiving.  Every year, I keep the celebrations separate.  I've had his party the weekend of Thanksgiving since family was in town, but otherwise I try not to mix the two.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

no, DD2 was born 10 days before Christmas.  I plan on giving her a winter themed birthday this year, but specifically not a Christmas theme.  I want her birthday to be seperate.  i sent out seperate Christmas cards & birth announceme

• Options

My brother was born 11/1 and never growing up did my mother plan Halloween theme parties, however now as an adult he & his wife plan Halloween parties every year!

DD#3 was born 10 days before Christmas. We will NOT be planning anything relate

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options

Baby isn't due near a holiday, but my birthday falls in October, usually on Columbus Day weekend. Never did anything with Columbus Day, but I LOVE Halloween, so besides a few unique years (16, 21) my mom has always made me a cake with a pumpkin patch o

imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options
    No, I would not. My LO was born in the middle of December. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was born near the 4th of July and thought the fireworks were for me too : ) 

My DS2 is born new NY, I thought about having a NYE party for him each year but haven't started and probably won't.  It will be hard because DS is starting p

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My birthday is near Columbus Day and I liked getting a three day weekend but I don't know how you'd really celebrate that with a party.

DS was born on 9/11. We will be doing a red, white, and blue theme this year and celebrating during labor day

Gabriel 09-11-2012 No dairy, egg, peanuts, tree nuts
    DSC_0803
    DH deployed since July 22
  • Options

My DD was born on the 4th of July. It actually makes me mad because I know she will grow up hating it. I don't plan to incorporate the holiday into her parties at all. We are always gone away camping for that week so for her 1st bday we will invite fri

• Options
    Thanksgiving baby here. And no :) 
  • Options

imagechancesmami:
    DS was born very close to Christmas. We plan on having parties separate from the holiday and not related to it in

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"