Postpartum Depression

Seroquel and BF

Hi, I have a 6 month old who breastfeeds and my LC told me that seroquel should be ok while nursing but I'm nervous and it's the only medication pre pregnancy that has worked with my depression. I'm wondering if anyone is or has BF while on this? TIA

Re: Seroquel and BF

• I take Serequel, but I've never nursed on it.  My LLL gave me a photocopied letter from the Dr Hale book and it did say it should be ok, but of course nothing is 100%.  This is from LactMed...

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/f?./temp/~njPNHw:1

*You can always look there for meds and breastfeeding help...of course always consult with your pedi as well. 

PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• imageArdmhs83:
    I take Serequel, but I've never nursed on it.nbsp; My LLL gave me a photocopied letter from the Dr Hale book and it did say it should be ok, but of course nothing is 100.nbsp; This is from LactMed...https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgibin/sis/search/f?./temp/njPNHw:1You can always look there for meds and breastfeeding help...of course always consult with your pedi as well.nbsp;

The link didn't work. Did you not BF bc of the seroquel?
  • Loading the player...
  • I breastfed my son for 9 months.  I was diagnosed with PPD/PPA at 7 months PP.  I nursed on some of my meds for 2 months (Celexa and Ativan and Ambien at times), but I did give up at 9 months b/c of my anxiety of the meds and nursing.  That was also when I was switched to Trazodone (safe), Serequel (questionalble), and Klonopin (not so safe!)  It saddens me that I quit then...wanted to nurse for 2 years.  Look into this and possibly try other meds before quitting...wish I would have.   
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"