Chit Chat
Options

Mother in law irks me

Im new here, not sure if this is the right spot for this post.

But I just hoped for any advice on mother in laws.

Im not due till November and she is already overwhelming me.

I am normally expert level when it comes to letting other peoples know when they are crossing my lines and in a nice way how to readjust...EXCEPT FOR my m-i-l!

She lives across the country so we barley ever see her..but she already bought the airplane tickets and invited herself and her dog to stay here during the delivery month....ok so im pissed that I wasnt even asked (or my husband). My husband and I have been together for 10 yrs and she always said if I got prego thats what she would do but ...now in literal reality - the last thing I wasnt is for an extended stay from her right when me and baby get home.

Also, she already started bombing my email with ideas for the baby's room, name, ETC which is cool and Im excited and happy for the help BUT she cant take it personal if I dont reply within 6 hours excuse me im not online 24/7 and dont have internet on my phone...im kinda sad that I feel irked by her because her happiness makes us happy too but I dont like feeling man handled. I really cant just bluntly say this to her, she just had someone important to her pass away and trust me its not the best timing to be real straight up with her..but any advice?!? 

Re: Mother in law irks me

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

imageLoisLayn23:
    Harry likes barley.

::snort::

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I lurk on a MIL drama forum so I am going top answer for funsies.

imageDopeDavina:

Im new here, not sure if this is the right spot for this post.

But I just hoped for any advice on mother in laws.

Im not due till November and she is already overwhelming me.

I am normally expert level when it comes to letting other peoples know when they are crossing my lines and in a nice way how to readjust...EXCEPT FOR my m-i-l!

She lives across the country so we barley ever see her..but she already bought the airplane tickets and invited herself and her dog to stay here during the delivery month....ok so im pissed that I wasnt even asked (or my husband). My husband and I have been together for 10 yrs and she always said if I got prego thats what she would do but ...now in literal reality - the last thing I wasnt is for an extended stay from her right when me and baby get home.

Also, she already started bombing my email with ideas for the baby's room, name, ETC which is cool and Im excited and happy for the help BUT she cant take it personal if I dont reply within 6 hours excuse me im not online 24/7 and dont have internet on my phone...im kinda sad that I feel irked by her because her happiness makes us happy too but I dont like feeling man handled. I really cant just bluntly say this to her, she just had someone important to her pass away and trust me its not the best timing to be real straight up with her..but any advice?!? 

To the bolded: You need to get your husband to tell his mother that this isn't going to work for you. Every time she brings it up or whines that it's not fair "Mom, That doesn't work for us." 

You will never ever get that first month back with your tiny baby. 

You don't need to cook and clean up after someone while you are bonding with your child.

You don't need her asking nosy questions about how you leaked blood all over the floor or judging you for your feeding choices.

I am pretty sure you don't care how things were done when your H was a baby. Most of her advice will be outdated.

Thank her for her ideas on the nursery and tell her you have it covered.

Let her come up for as long as YOU are comfortable WHEN you are comfortable. The dog is not invited if you don't want it there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"