Babies on the Brain
Options

"Young" future moms,(18-25) how old were you when started planning to get pregnant?

2»

Re: "Young" future moms,(18-25) how old were you when started planning to get pregnant?

• Options

I'm 25, DH is 30. We have been married for just under 4 years (together about 6.5) and we are just now TTC. I was ready pretty much as soon as I met him, but he wasn't anywhere near ready and felt that I should finish school before we had kids.

Now DH's view on kids is like night and day. He is so incredibly excited about the possibility of being a father  and even comes with me sometimes when I babysit to get some "practice" with little ones since he has never really spent a lot of time around them. It's pretty cute. 

married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    imagejeroenenpris:
    imagemommy0411:
    My husband was 26 when our first was born. We were planning on starting to try about 6 months after our wedding.

I will say it has been difficult finding other moms my age that can relate. All of the moms in our play groups are in their 30's so its a little harder to connect because our life experiences are so different. But I love being a younger mom and I wouldn't trade any part of my life for anything! Good luck! 

If we are lucky enough to get pregnant within 2 years, I'd still be the youngest mom I know. I would find it hard as well to  find someone to relate. I hope you find such a person.

I'm happy to see your husband was quite young too. Most of my husbands male colleagues were 30 when they had their first child. That just seems old to me.

I guess I will be an old mom and DH will be an old dad.

When I was in my late teens early twenties, I thought I would graduate college, find a great job, get married, and have my first before I turned 30 and have my second in my early 30s. Then real life happened.

I didn't meet DH until I was almost 25, got engaged at 26, and married at 27.  We wanted to be married a year before we got pregnant, so we didn't start TTC when I was 28.  I thought that this was perfect timing and that we would have our first before I turned 30. I turned 30 a few months ago and have never even been pregnant.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"