Washington Babies
Options

Looking for Obstetrician in Federal Way

Hello,

Not preggo yet but TTC and researching obstetricians and hospitals. Anyone willing to share experiences or recommendations at St. Francis in Federal Way? Any info on their providers -ones to avoid, ones you loved, supportive of alternative birth plans? Thanks so much!

Noel 

Re: Looking for Obstetrician in Federal Way

• Options

I've heard really great things about Dr. (Michael?) Smith in Federal Way. One of my family members is his nurse and she always says very good things about him. I believe he delivers at St. Francis.

I used to see Dr. Stephen Poore at Northshore Multicare off of Hoyt road. I really liked him. He has great sense of humor which was important to me because I'm pretty sarcastic and I like to joke around a lot. I switched to a midwife when I found out I was pregnant because I was looking to have an unmedicated birth and I felt a midwife would fit in with my plan a little better.  He delivers at Tacoma General though so that may be too far for you.

If you're at all looking into a more "natural" birth then St Joes in Tacoma is awesome. They are the only hospital in the area I believe that will let you actually deliver in a birthing tub. They are very natural birth-friendly. I'm training to be a birth doula and have had clients deliver there who have been extremely happy with their experiences. They only do a half hour monitoring strip when you arrive and then monitor with the doppler the rest of the time as long as there is no problem. You don't have to keep getting on and off the strip like you do at other hospitals. I saw a midwife at St. Joseph Women's clinic (they deliver at St Joes) and was happy with my experience.

Good luck! 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I used dr. Davidv and delivered at st. Francis and had a good experience with the nurses. I used him for both my deliveries. We were actually looking at changing after my son due to the distance(we were living in DuPont at the time and have since moved) but while we were in the hospital with my son found out most of the nurses use him. 

I will say though if you are looking for a touchy freely doctor he is not the one for you. He knows we he is doing but Is very direct. Hope that helps and good luck. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"