December 2010 Moms
Options

Bed issue!

Well, we unofficially decided to wait with the at-night-PT and moving out of the crib until next Christmas (that is when we move back to Norway), but I woke up before J did today - so I just moved my pillow to the other side and stared at him until we had to get up (it was not a waste of time - I had a great day because of those minutes).. Then I noticed the HORROR!

When J is fully stretched in the bed he has 10 cm left until both his head and feet touch both sides :O 10 cm is not a lot to grow in 1 year for these guys!

<3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Bed issue!

• Options

Ha hah hah, that wasn't the horror I was expecting :).

i guess that's one of the benefits of having a peanut - we were in a hotel last weekend and B still fit just fine in the pack and play.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    Oh no!  And, lol, that wasn't the sort I was expecting either!  I assume standard cribs must be smaller in Europe?  Our's is 52 inches in length so C has at least 16 inches to go.  Maybe you could do a junior bed in the meantime (Ikea!) and wait on the PTing at night until you move?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The bed we have is from IKEA - the inside is 47.2 in, and he is now ca. 37.4 in. He does not sleep as he stand - so his feet is slightly bended giving 2 in more to his length..

I think that we will manage until the summer - and then we have to see what to do :)

- I know it was a tad' over dramatic - but we have no room - either in out 1 bedroom apt. nor our wallet to get new furniture..

• Options
    Side note: I am confident starting to let him sleep on a toddler bed now - because he sleeps on a mat in DC.

• Options
    He'll be fine. He'll just need to start sleeping a bit more curled up. Don't worry about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"