LGBT Parenting
Options

provera

I was put on provera it is my second dose I was told that it will make me have my period any ideas how soon I can expect to get my period?

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

Re: provera

• Options
    This one is tricky. I was put on provera for pcos. I didn't have af for a year. First round of provera I had mine 13 days after last pill. The next time I had it 3 days after last pill. I do not react well to this medicine. It makes me feel like a crazy lady! Emotions all over the place. Good luck! I would say to expect period 314 days after last pill.

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    Correction its progesterone not provera. Any one know what the difference is?

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If you are asking about Progesterone, it is common to be on the drug after an IUI. I was on it during my tww for all my IUIs, and only started my period after I got a BFN and stopped taking the Progesterone. 

Have you had an IUI? Maybe you could put it in your signature and it would make it easier to answer your question.  

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options
    imagemollykelley:

If you are asking about Progesterone, it is common to be on the drug after an IUI. I was on it during my tww for all my IUIs, and only started my period after I got a BFN and stopped taking the Progesterone. 

Have you had an IUI? Maybe you could put it in your signature and it would make it easier to answer your question.  

I am confused on how to set up the signaure lol

I had my first IUI on Sunday the 24th. I kept bleeding more than just spotting so I went back in yesterday. I was told that the bleeding was hormonal and they were able to see that I hadnt ovulated. I went down for blood work. Nurse called back aand said that I would be place on Progesterone for 10 days once I got my period I would start clmoid on CD3. On CD10 I would go for an ultra sound. From there I would have to get daily blood work and they will be checking my LH surge.

When I asked what progesterone was she stated that it would make me get my period. I guess I am just confused so to what it exactly does and how it is going to make me get my period if you are able to be on it during your two week wait. I know I should probably call the nurse back. I was at work when she talked to me couldnt get too much information.

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"