April 2013 Moms
Options

Question (Maybe TMI)

So I am a 2nd time mom, but with there being 7 years between DD and soon to be DS I feel like I am a 1st time mom again! lol

With my DD I was induced...I did not "go into labor" on my own, so I am truly at a loss as to that whole process.  I am 34 weeks and "think" I am having BH contractions.  I say "think" because I do not remember having this with my DD.  I can still feel him up pretty high, so he has not moved down or dropped, but there is def some weird cramping/stuff happening lower.  I have also not be able to stop pooping for like the last 3 days...and I am on iron pills! lol

So my question...any one else experiencing this?  He is still moving none stop, so I am not concerned that something is "wrong" just wondering if anyone else out there is with me?

Re: Question (Maybe TMI)

• Options

To me, it sounds pretty normal. I didn't have any BH with my first and then my water broke, so I never got to feel natural contractions, only the ones induced by Pitocin.

This time around, I have been having BH for several weeks. To me they just feel like really strong period cramps. I have been having a lot of issues with BMs too and going a lot more frequently than I normally do. I just assumed it was like when I had my period and everything was contracting and relaxing in there, so it made for more movement with the bowels.

The fun of pregnancy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

When it's real labor you'll know.

Braxton hicks don't involve pain, they just are uncomfortable and you can feel your uterus getting really tight.

But a true contraction will have sharp pains that you can't mistake for anything else because pain is involved. With my DD my early labor contractions weren't excrucuating at all, but I could clearly tell they were real contractions vs. braxton hicks contractions I had also experienced.

Real labor contractions will grow in intensity and get closer together. Braxton hicks should stay really random and just go away.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 7 years between DD and this lil Girl, so i totally feel like this is my fist again too! but i did go naturally with DD and i DO remember then when i started real contractions no matter what i did they wouldn't go away and kept slowly getting worse. And it is true, when its the real thing you'll know. Even now i get BH that are REALLY uncomfortable but if i take a warm bath or change positions they get better and Dr told me rule of thumb is if I have 4 in an hour then give him a call. And as always stay hydrated :)
    image BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I get a lot of BH and have since 16 weeks. I did with my son as well with menstrual-like cramping starting at 36 weeks. My Dr's instructions say more than 5 an hour are a concern, but as long as they're not painful or more frequent than 5 an hour it's perfectly normal.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!!!!  That is all surper helpful!  Best wishes to you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"