May 2012 Moms

Diaper Rash

My Lo is on augmentin (sp?) and now has a bad diaper rash. Poor little guy didn't even want to sit on his bottom tonight. I've had desitin on it since yesterday, but it's not helping at all. Anyone have any suggestions for clearing it up?

Re: Diaper Rash

• I was giving him yogurt, but that obviously wasn't enough. I'll get the probiotics tomorrow morning. Tonight he was diaper free. He laughed when he peed on the tile floor. Such a boy! I would love to get him back in his cloth. Normally he wears cloth, but he was having ALOT of diarrhea and I was worried about staining. Also, I can't use the desitin with the cloth diapers. I'll have to find something I can use with the cloth. Thanks ladies!
  • Check out Grovia's Magic stick
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Desitin never helped at all for any of my kids I swear by Bourdox sp? butt paste and baking soda baths.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Vaseline or Aquaphor is what our pedi suggested when desitin maximum strength wasn't helping. And, Aveeno oatmeal baths are very soothing. DD loves them when she has a rash.
  • When DD1 was teething her diaper rash would get so bad there were open sores. Nystatin didn't work, nor did the special compounds I'd make at work. After some brain storming with the doctor we decided to try SSD cream. It is a prescription. It worked so quickly. However, since your LO is on an abx it is highly likely that a probiotic and/or nystatin would work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"