November 2011 Moms

Serious subject...

https://www.wtop.com/209/3235221/Cops-Grandma-shot-self-young-grandsons-in-car

I came across this article today. Very sad. All I can say is that if this had been my mother, knowing that she had mental disorders, I would not put my children in her care by themselves. It sounds bad that I wouldn't trust my own family, but I wouldn't want something like this to happen to my kids either! So very sad.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Serious subject...

• I hate to read about something so senseless happening to such innocent babies.

I know that we don't have the full story, but anunstable relative would never be allowed access to my kids without proper supervision.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • And that is why my MIL will never have access to the kids by herself.  She is so excited that we are moving close by (4 hours roughly) and has said she can't wait to babysit the kids.  Not happening.  She is manic depressive, can't handle crowds, and is a hoarder who doesn't clean.  Thankfully DH is in agreement.  She can be around the kids when either DH or I am there.  I don't think she would actually do anything to harm the kids, but I also know how difficult DS1 is and I don't think she could handle the fits and crying by herself.  I am afraid she would try to discipline the kids which would be a big no-no.  

Also, until the kids get older, they won't be going over to their house.  FIL smokes in the house and like I said MIL is a hoarder who doesn't clean.  We are going to use the excuse that their house isn't child proof and that DS1 is too rough on dogs and their dog wouldn't like him. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • So sad.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"