Toddlers: 24 Months+

Iron supplement for 2 year old

Does anybody give their toddler an iron supplement like Flinstone's vitamins? My 2 year old has his well visit yesterday and his iron level came back a tad bit below normal so the pediatrician said to give him a flinstone vitamin. I got them but saw that they have all sorts of artificial colors and sweeteners so I'm looking for a more natural brand. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Iron supplement for 2 year old

• Yes, for a solid year now, due to low iron stores.  It's just half a vitamin, not a gallon of Kool-aid or anything.  ;-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD has been taking 1/2 flinstone vitamin for a year. Same reason, her iron count was low. I was going to stop at 3 because they are in a normal range, but at this point, its routine so I'm not going to mess with it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelrn327:
    Yes, for a solid year now, due to low iron stores.  It's just half a vitamin, not a gallon of Kool-aid or anything.  ;-)

This, exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • We give Rainbow Light Kids One Multistar vitamins. No artificial stuff in them plus they have some probiotics which help keep my little one from having any constipation issues with the iron.

Easy to chew as well. I usually break them in half since they are a little big, but he takes 1 per day most days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"