February 2012 Moms
Options

Toys going off

Toys in my house often set themselves off. I wouldn't ask anyone If it only happened occasionally, but it happens multiple times a week. At first it was creepy but its just gotten annoying now...
The solution To the problem is to obviously turn all the toys off when they're not in use.but I'm just curious if anyone else has this problem as well?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toys going off

• Options
    Nope. I'm OCD about turning toys off before I put them away at night... and all the toys have to be put away at night. I'm one of those OCD people who has to have everything neat and tidy before going to bed every night. It's a blessing and a curse.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Options
    We are convinced that her Fisher Price snail is possessed. It starts singing even when nothing is nearby!

Just wait until toys tht are low on battery go off by themselves. It sounds like a demon elf. Super scary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagegoldenleaves:
    We are convinced that her Fisher Price snail is possessed. It starts singing even when nothing is nearby! Just wait until toys tht are low on battery go off by themselves. It sounds like a demon elf. Super scary.

I've had different toys go off that sound creepy and possessed and the batteries were full of life! I'm sure it's just a glitch in the software or something. 

• Options
    Certain ones, yes!  And those I will turn off because it got annoying.  I usually leave the toys on because then I forget to go and turn them back on until he's been playing with something and getting mad that it's not on and by the time I realize what's going on and go turn it on, he's done with it.

• Options
    Nolan has this really cute keyboard that we got him for his birthday that makes all of these different noises. If you don't touch it for 15-20 mins, it will growl really loud and seriously sounds evil. It is scary! We've learned to turn that one off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagegoldenleaves:
    We are convinced that her Fisher Price snail is possessed. It starts singing even when nothing is nearby!

Just wait until toys tht are low on battery go off by themselves. It sounds like a demon elf. Super scary.

We have the snail. After our dog passed away, it would just start going off randomly when no one was near it. Even creepier, it was always when we were talking about the dog or doing something he wouldn't have approved of... I think he was trying to tell us something...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagelancyjo:
    Nope. I'm OCD about turning toys off before I put them away at night... and all the toys have to be put away at night. I'm one of those OCD people who has to have everything neat and tidy before going to bed every night. It's a blessing and a curse.

This is my husband too, so we've never had this issue either. Now...Violet or the seahorse playing music over the monitor in the middle of the night - scary!!! (they are in the crib with Hadley, so obviously it's because she bumps them or whatever, but the first time it happened I almost fell out of bed!

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options
    I make sure all the toys are off at night. If something went off in the middle of the night and scared me, it'd be in the trash.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options

Yes!  Our Fisher Price table toy thing was singing the ABC song over and over extremely loudly the other night.  It was so loud that it woke me up and it was on the other end of the house.  I went out there and pushed all the buttons on it and it wouldn't stop until I flipped it over and shut it off.  Totally freaked me out and I don't want to turn it back on!  We recently replaced the batteries so I'm pretty sure it's not because the batteries are low.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes and the creepiest one is his Melissa and Doug sound puzzle!! When you put the puzzle piece in its spot, the vehicle makes the sound. Well, if all the pieces aren't in it, the puzzle will randomly go off and it's usually the creepy train!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    There is a crazy Leap Frog farm refrigerator toy that does this. But it was a hand me down and I know we are at least the 3rd family who has used it. I'm thinking it's old and the wires are probably kinda messed up in there from being thrown around so much. 
  • Options
    We have the FP Dog.  That sings and talks.  He's always saying "I love you", "nose" or "hands".  Scares the bajeezus out of me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"