Two Under 2

intro and advice needed

Hi. Just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I will very soon have 2 under 2. My son just turned 18 months and I am due with DS2 April 1st. So they will be just over 19 months apart.

This pregnancy has been absolutely horrible and I'm nervous about giving birth again. I've had tremors/convulsions, gallbladder issues, ribs popped out of place, and a heart murmur just to name a few. I feel like hell. Hopefully there is somebody who understands. Maybe the second pregnancy being so close made it worse.

I've also had extreme anxiety this pregnancy, especially worrying that if something would happen to me that DS would be left without me. I'm also concerned about dividing time between the two once ds2 arrives. Ds1 is used to having my full undivided attention, I'm a wahm, and he's always with me. So I'm afraid he's going to take it hard with me not 100 focused on him 24/7.

Well I look forward to getting to know everyone and I hope there is somebodyon here who can rrelate and give me some advice.
Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers ____________________________________________________________________________ *4 angel babies in heaven*__ *DX with Progesterone defficiency June 2010* *Haylie Marie & Makenzie Shayanne adopted November 2010* **SURPRISE! !ALL NATURAL MIRACLE BFP!!12/26/10 (MERRY CHRISTMAS)** ***Alexander Robert born 8/20/11, 11:01pm, 8lbs. 2oz. 20.5inches*** **BFP 06/26/2012.. Baby B #2 Due 04/01/2013**

Re: intro and advice needed

• Congrats!

I don't have any advice on the extreme anxiety, but I was nervous throughout my pregnancy.  I just had no idea how I was going to do it, even thought I had planned it!  Mine were 20.5 months apart. 

If you WAH, does DS1 already know how to play independently?  I know you said you give him "full undivided attention", but do you really? If you're working, I assume there are times you can't drop everything and cater to him (I obviously don't know what you do from home, so maybe you can, I'm just generalizing!) Or did you mean SAHM? Anyway, that said, if DS doesn't play independently, you need to get on that, STAT.  Give him some crayons and let him go to town.  Get some flap books that he can look at on his own. 

There will be an adjustment period, of course.  You can try to prepare DS before, but he probably won't get it.  My DS didn't even understand when he came to the hospital to visit me.  But every kid is different.  My DS was a tantruming monster for the first few weeks, but now he is in love with his sister.  He doesn't even get bent when I tell him he has to wait for things while I'm feeding her.  He helps me give her a bath, gets me a burp cloth when I ask him, asks where she is when he wakes up ("Is H awake?"), etc. 

GL, don't stress, you'll get through it, find your groove, and all will work out!  Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"