August 2011 Moms
Options

Possible Bump Hiatus?

Going back and reading my post makes me realize how utterly crap I'm both feeling and acting.  I'm pretty sure I'm entering another massive depressive mindset because of the new developments and I'm wondering if I need some time away.  Mostly because every day I see either posts about everyone's DH or posts about how a sh!tty situation with someone's DH has turned around and is on the mend.  As hard as I'm trying to pretend I'm impervious, I'm so not.

And I feel like I'm really bringing everyone down.  Ugh, I'm sorry.  This is so not a GBCB or anything.  God, no.  I just feel so much like sh!t and I don't want to clog the board up with it anymore, I feel bad about it.  I may take a break for a little while.

// I love you too. //

Re: Possible Bump Hiatus?

• Options

I will miss you - But you just do what you gotta do - You know where to find us when you decide to come back.

::hugs:: 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I can totally relate to feeling that way. I have a hard time posting about toddler-related stuff sometimes (on a parenting-specific message board, lol). It's times like these that I kind of take a step back from posting. I'll chime in here and there but can't really relate to the topics of the day.

FWIW, I don't get the Debbie downer vibe from you. I think your GIFs show a free spirit in you. I understand the need to step back, but I hope you don't feel like you don't belong here. We heart you. :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, if you need a break then by all means take one. However, we all love you and don't feel burdened by what you share. I am actually pleased when you do, because I think the outlet is important. 

As far as other people's marriages go, some of us have problems and never share, some of us always share, and some of us selectively share. If you'd like, you can pm me your email address and we can correspond if you need a sounding board.  

imageimage
  • Options
    You are not clogging the board. If you can't get it out here than where can you? I don't care if you fill an entire page with venting, I , and I'm sure others, will give you the support you need. I get how you feel, but if the board is a stress reliever and a sound board for you, then shiit, you do it. You seem like a very strong chick and I believe you can get through this. We are here for you. I promise.
  • Options

I definitely wouldn't judge other people's relationships by what they post here. A lot of us, I'm sure, have our own struggles but aren't comfortable posting. If it helps you, please continue to do so. You are not bringing anyone down. Also, your GIFs are amazing!!! 

I hope things get better for you!   

• Options

You guys are forreals making me cry.  I definitely know that life is not perfect for other people - I hope I didn't sound like I thought that.  I just wish I could work it out like some of you have been able to.  I seriously love it here and I'm glad you guys don't think I'm being as much of a poop as I think I am.

It could just be a day or two while I cry it out.  Mrs. Case, I will probably PM you in a few.

Thanks, guys.

// I love you too. //

• Options
    imageCrash Into Me:

BLAME IT ON FEBRUARY, okay?

The month is almost over.  I know what you mean.  I've been in a funk lately and I just don't post about it.  I don't have time to post. You do whatever you need to do.  We'll be here when you get back, if you decide to take a break.

Just this week I started telling people, it's that end of February funk. Ugh, we all need to find sunny place to live. 

• Options
    imageNativeFloridian:

You guys are forreals making me cry.  I definitely know that life is not perfect for other people - I hope I didn't sound like I thought that.  I just wish I could work it out like some of you have been able to.  

It ain't EVENNNNNNNNNN like that. You were willing to work it out! It's him with his early-life crisis that put you in this situation. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I mean, it takes two, and I am sure you have your own things you did that were not right. But it seems from an outsider's perspective that he lead you to believe he was someone he is not. Or that he no longer is. It is PERFECTLY normal to mourn what you had, what you thought you had, or what you thought might have been possible. My fear is, he WILL realize what he has done, but it will be too late because YOU will have moved on to someone more deserving of your love and affections. I don't know if you're religious/spiritual/whatever but I am praying your husband reaches his rock bottom so he can clean up his act, if not for the sake of your marriage, then for his children. They need and deserve competency and responsibility. 

ETA: So long as his main priority is chasing tail and becoming a rockstar, it is literally impossible for him to be the father they deserve. Too much selfishness. I am all for chasing your dreams but once you have children, you have a responsibility to their stability first and foremost.  I am glad he is keeping your conversations short because frankly, he is not deserving of the time it takes to bend your ear about his problems. You are not his party buddy, you are his wife. Shame on him for mistreating you by burdening you this way!

imageimage
  • Options

If you take a hiatus, let it be because YOU need it to focus on YOU, not because you think you're bringing us down. (I'm not saying you need to work on you...I'm sure we all do...but don't leave because you feel like you're being a Debbie Downer.)

FWIW, I read your posts and send T&Ps your way, even if I don't say it. I don't know what to say, but that doesn't mean that I don't care. I don't think you're clogging up the board, and I'm sure that if we all stick around long enough, we'll all go through rough spots.

Also, I rarely post about DH online for various reasons. There have been plenty of times I wanted to rant about something, but most times it would go against my policy of "If I wouldn't say it to someone's face, I won't say it online." Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

This is how I feel about you leaving.....

But I totally understand if you need a break and I won't love you any less.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Options
    I dunno.  I've had a cry in the dark on the couch and it made me feel a tad better in a cliche sort of way.  Like I said, I may take a day or two...I guess it sort of depends on how I'm handling my emotions over the next 24-48 hours.  I'm a stupid hot mess right now, probably the worst I've been since the beginning of all this junk and I really don't like it.  I feel like I need to buck up a touch so I can enjoy myself 'round these parts.

// I love you too. //

• Options
    imageKimbus22:

We all have things we feel like we shouldn't whine about but that eat away at us.  It's okay to vent and get them out.  I think I speak for all of us when I say we're happy to be your sounding board but we support you if you need some time off to think.

YesYes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageKimbus22:

FWIW, I've never once thought of you as a downer around here.  If anything, I'm inspired by how well you handle a very difficult situation.  You certainly deal with it better than I would.  But if you feel you need some time to regroup, I get that too.

I've been feeling down and stuck in a rut and generally frustrated lately too so I know how you feel.  I've got a list of about 6 things in my head I could do to make it better but can't get motivated.  It's a vicious cycle.  If I hadn't had a falling out with my therapist, I'd be back in therapy :)  So please don't feel like you're bringing us down.  We all have things we feel like we shouldn't whine about but that eat away at us.  It's okay to vent and get them out.  I think I speak for all of us when I say we're happy to be your sounding board but we support you if you need some time off to think.

Thank you.

Also...the bolded is exactly how I feel.  I'm not sure of the solution for my problems, but I know of some things that could improve my mood and our day-to-day, at least.  But lately I can't muster up enough energy to do, well, anything besides the bare minimum to get us through the day.

// I love you too. //

• Options
    imageNativeFloridian:
    imageKimbus22:

FWIW, I've never once thought of you as a downer around here.  If anything, I'm inspired by how well you handle a very difficult situation.  You certainly deal with it better than I would.  But if you feel you need some time to regroup, I get that too.

I've been feeling down and stuck in a rut and generally frustrated lately too so I know how you feel.  I've got a list of about 6 things in my head I could do to make it better but can't get motivated.  It's a vicious cycle.  If I hadn't had a falling out with my therapist, I'd be back in therapy :)  So please don't feel like you're bringing us down.  We all have things we feel like we shouldn't whine about but that eat away at us.  It's okay to vent and get them out.  I think I speak for all of us when I say we're happy to be your sounding board but we support you if you need some time off to think.

Thank you.

Also...the bolded is exactly how I feel.  I'm not sure of the solution for my problems, but I know of some things that could improve my mood and our day-to-day, at least.  But lately I can't muster up enough energy to do, well, anything besides the bare minimum to get us through the day.

WTF!  

I am SO here too!!

And, when Crash said blame it on February, it really caught me by surprise.  I haven't felt this way in a long time.  I was take-charge and in control of my own destiny.  And, WATCH ME kick this problem's ass!!

Now, I'm like...  Meh...  

Remember that GIF you posted about your DD1 getting ready in the morning...  F'uck this!  And this!  That pretty much sums it up...  Only that GIF is funny, and my lyfe is not!!

So, leave if you've gotta, but we could all try to just get it together together... KWIM?

I promise to make today a better day for myself, and I'll post about it...  I hope you're around to read it.  :)  

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't read all of the responses. But, everyone needs an outlet. If you decide you need a break I understand. But, on the other hand, I would super mucho miss you!!!!!! I think you're funny, whitty, and not a Debbie downer at all. If you leave us I would hope you can come back when you're ready.

xoxo

ETA: I have a bunch of things going on in my life right now too. You're handling your situation much better than I, or most other people, would. You're a strong lady, we're here to listen. We all get in funks, we all have issues, we all just deal in different ways.
  • Options
    I love you guys.  After some sleep I've decided I'll poke around, maybe reply here or there, and if I'm feeling too shoddy I'll just go lie down and take a nap.

// I love you too. //

• Options
    I know I'm a day late, but I agree with what everyone else already said - hope you stay, but if you need a break, we'll be here for you when you get back!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Sorry I'm late. Girl, I don't want you to go!! ((((Hugs you so tight you can't breathe))))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"