Pregnant after 35
Options

At this rate, I'll have one day of paid maternity leave...

I'm home from work again.

I was up until 4:15 this morning, unable to sleep because I was so congested and my cough wasn't clearing anything. I actually sat there in bed (after having MH help me struggle to a seated position) just crying and saying in my almost-completely-gone voice, "I just want to breathe so I can sleep." My poor husband. I made him get up out of bed so I could sit in the shower for as long as the hot water lasted (I needed him to help me get up again from the tub safely).

Then I sat up in bed trying to sleep the rest of the night.

I called the nurse this morning, so now I have a couple more items I can take to help me combat this congestion. And thankfully, I don't have to work until the weekend, but this has lasted almost an entire week. I'm so over this already. I have a new appreciation for my patients who don't breathe well on a regular basis (at least those who don't still smoke).

I can now add Afrin nasal spray, Robitussin DM, Sudafed, and Benadryl to my arsenal of Chloraseptic spray, Tylenol, and Vicks Vapor Rub. Hallelujah.
*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: At this rate, I'll have one day of paid maternity leave...

• Options
    Hope you feel better soon.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Daniele, I am so sorry you are feeling so awful. I'm glad you were able to add some weapons to your congestion-fighting arsenal and hope they will give you some relief.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm just feeling like such a wimp right now. I was all excited by the "magic" of the baby kicking and now I'm back to feeling like my body is not up to the task and the magic isn't distracting enough anymore.

I'm really hoping this goes away. What the hell am I going to do for the next 15 weeks if this is going to be my new norm? I HAVE to work.

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    I have felt like this for a month. Went to ENT and got Rhinocort sudafed stopped working. I'm still a little clogged but its a huge improvement. If you don't get relief soon, see if you can get this. Also afrin has to be thrown out after 3 days.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options

I run a warm mist humidifier at night with the Vicks cough suppressant additive.  Helps me sleep better at night.

Get well soon!

Lilypie - (4vrz)

• Options

Aw, you need a hug!  I have had some mild congestion issues for a while and second the cool mist humidifier idea - it really does seem to help me a lot.  Now, if only those belly-doughnut pillows were not $100, I might be able to get a good solid night's sleep.

My BFF was sick as a dog with her third baby, and she used up so much of her leave time that she really had no more than a couple of days' worth of paid maternity leave & ended up going uncompensated for the majority of the measly 6 week leave she took.  Hopefully, you wil be OK financially if something like that ends up happening to you.

Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"