May 2012 Moms
Options

My poor little lady. Eating advice??

She's been cranky and resistant to taking her bottle the last couple of weeks, plus a low-grade fever, so I knew she was probably teething.  One of her top front teeth cut through last week, but I could see the one next to it under the surface too, so I knew we were in for another week.  Now that one is almost through, and I can see a THIRD tooth on top about to pop through.  No wonder she's been so cranky!  Motrin doesn't seem to do any good, nor has the orajel or amber teething necklace.

She's been averaging 15-18 ounces of formula a day (prior to teething it was more like 26-28).  She won't take formula from a cup, unfortunately, so I've been giving her water in her cup to keep her from getting dehydrated.  She's been eating a little more solids, but not enough to make up the difference. 

I'm trying to add more calories into purees for her by adding yogurt and baby cereal to them.  Any other ideas for making sure she gets enough calories while she's on this bottle boycott?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My poor little lady. Eating advice??

• Options
    Yogurt, bananas, avocodo, all are high calorie foods.

Also I find breastmilkcicles help a lot. If you ff make popciles from that. I made icecubes and put them in the mesh feeder it gets milk in him and helps the teeth feel better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    any type of whole milk/high fat foods (cottage cheese, whole yogurt, etc.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebellelamb:
    Yogurt, bananas, avocodo, all are high calorie foods. Also I find breastmilkcicles help a lot. If you ff make popciles from that. I made icecubes and put them in the mesh feeder it gets milk in him and helps the teeth feel better.

Ooh-- interesting idea!  I'll have to try that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"