Pregnant after 35

Hi all...Introduction

So yesterday at my OB appointment he used those magic words... Advanced Maternal Age...A bit jarring considering I've been 35 for all of 6 days. But anyway. i'm actually excited because I'll get more ultrasounds! Always a plus!

Anyway - looking forward to meeting others who are 35 and up :) 

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

Re: Hi all...Introduction

• I would daresay most of the ladies here are pushing 40 if not over (I am 40). So, you are a mere bebe! ;) Welcome and congrats!
  • I'm 42, I'll be 43 when I LO arrives. My dr has stopped refering to me as advanced maternal age and now just calls me old.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah the ama label is kinda sucky especially when you aren't really "old" and definitely don't feel old either.  My OB jokingly called me old too.  I am glad to be getting the extra u/s though even though it is going to be a pain near the end when I'm going twice a week.  Don't worry you aren't at much higher risk than the younger ladies having babies just because you hit the magic number. Welcome and good luck with your pregnancy!
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy! As LovelyDay said, you are truly a young whippersnapper compared to many of us--I turn 42 next month. I jokingly call myself "old" but my midwife says I am doing better than most of her younger patients!
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Thanks all :) AMA or no, I'm super excited to be here. 

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"