Pregnant after 35
Options

ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor

I'm 34, almost 35. Just bought one of these expensive gadgets at Walgreens for around 140 plus cost of the sticks. How long did it take you to conceive once you started using this?  Thanks :-)

Re: ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor

• Options

Well - we did use it. With zero success. For an entire year.

It wasn't a result of a poor OPK, but just infertility...I will say that it's a nice tool to use, but charting/temping/etc can be just as effective.

Good luck! 

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• Options
    We used it and it took us 3 months :) I was 39 when we conceived and I'll be 40 when I deliver.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Heck, I would have gladly sold you mine cheaper, used only 2 months. However, it is not very helpful if you have long or irregular cycles (yep and yep, the cycle before I conceived was 47 days long) and in retrospect, I probably should not have bothered buying it. I think it works best if you have 30-35 day cycles that are fairly regular from month to month.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options

imagedanuli8:
    Heck, I would have gladly sold you mine cheaper, used only 2 months. However, it is not very helpful if you have long or irregular cycles (yep and yep, the cycle before I conceived was 47 days long) and in retrospect, I probably should not have bothered buying it. I think it works best if you have 30-35 day cycles that are fairly regular from month to month.

I agree with the above, I used it for 3 months and never got a peak reading on the damn thing. I feel like I spent alot of money on something when I could have just continued to use the cheapie opks with better success. I tend to have cycles on the shorter side 26-27 days and sometimes ovulate on the early side as well. So maybe better if you're cycle is very consistent.

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I used cheap ovulation predictor sticks I ordered on Amazon for about $0.30 a piece. I had ovulation issues and had to test frequently.  They worked really well and were so much more cost effective than the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor.  After I put on some much needed body fat, I was able to conceive within 3 months of using the sticks.  Good luck!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

I used it with all 3 of my pregnancies.  Prior to using it, I had tried for a year and half without success.  For each pregnancy here is how long it took:

1st pregnancy:  1st month of trying

2nd pregnancy:  2nd month of trying

3rd pregnancy: 3rd month of trying

Hmm,  I sense a pattern here lol.   I was 35 with pregnancy #1 and #2, and I'm 38 now with pregnancy #3, so maybe that's why this one took a bit longer.  The cheapie ovulation sticks never worked for me.  A couple of times, I used them along with the CBEFM just to see if they would have worked, and I never got a positive with them.  Not once.  I was also terrible at charting, and always forget to take my temp before I got out of bed.  But the CBEFM worked great for me, I definitely recommend it.  It's much cheaper than fertility treatments and if your main problem is timing, it will most likely fix that issue for you.  Good luck to you!

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • Options

I used cheap pee-sticks I got for about 15 for $5 on the Internet.  I wasn't having fertility issues, I just wanted to get going sooner rather than later because I was already 35 when we decided we wanted to start trying for a baby.

I have pretty regular periods and apparently pretty normal cycles.  We got pregnant on the second month with baby no. 1 and the first month with baby no. 2.

Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I love that machine.  We conceived the first month we used it--but I get pregnant pretty easily.  My problem is keeping them.  :(
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I used it to get pregnant.

DD1 - first month TTC (30 years old)

DD2 - second month TTC (32 years old)

DS - first month TTC (34 years old)  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
  • Options
    dw11dw11 member
    I have been using this for 3+ months without success but I have long irregular cycles usually over 40 days. I am 33 and have been TTC for about 6 months. the monitor never seems to register above 1 bar for me no matter where I am in my cycle. this is frustrating as it was expensive. Charting seems to be the best method for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"