Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

NBR : need ideas for chicken breasts

I am defrosting chicken breasts for dinner. Can't grill since our deck is under three feet of snow from the blizzard ;) kinda sick of breading them and baking. Any ideas what to do with them? Thanks!

Re: NBR : need ideas for chicken breasts

• Options
    You could throw them in the crockpot all day with a jar of salsa and have yummy shredded chicken tacos for dinner! I almost always make my chicken in the crockpot, its so good! Or,if you want to bake them, mix a bag of frozen veggies and a can of cream of chicken or mushroom with them for a chicken dumpling type meal!
  • Options

imagegrangerize:
    You could throw them in the crockpot all day with a jar of salsa and have yummy shredded chicken tacos for dinner! I almost always make my chicken in the crockpot, its so good! Or,if you want to bake them, mix a bag of frozen veggies and a can of cream of chicken or mushroom with them for a chicken dumpling type meal!

could I put them in the crockpot frozen? I just took them out of the freezer an hour ago. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJimsgirl5821:

imagegrangerize:

could I put them in the crockpot frozen? I just took them out of the freezer an hour ago. 

sure can! i always put them in frozen and they turn out great!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are snowed in too, but luckily our grill is under an overhang, so DH grilled chicken breasts last night that were marinated in Italian dressing.  If you have a grill pan, you could grill them on your stovetop.  If not, I used to pour salsa and black beans over chicken breast and then bake them.  It was very yummy and healthy as well.
  • Options
    Mmmmmmm sounds good;)
  • Options
    We're making chicken, too. Right now we're making chicken fettucine alfredo but my fave go to chicken recipe is simply breaded and baked chicken. I feel like baked chicken is usually too dry so I acutally cook it on the stove top first. I dip the breasts in egg, in bread crumbs and repeat (I really like them breaded) then brown with a little olive oil in a pan. Next, I put a thin coat of bbq sauce on both sides, cover and bake @ 350 for about 20-25 minutes, uncover and bake for another 5-10. The sides you could make are endless but we usually do stuffing and mashed potatoes.

Anniversary
  • Options

imagekatie599:
    We are snowed in too, but luckily our grill is under an overhang, so DH grilled chicken breasts last night that were marinated in Italian dressing.  If you have a grill pan, you could grill them on your stovetop.  If not, I used to pour salsa and black beans over chicken breast and then bake them.  It was very yummy and healthy as well.

This or BBQ sauce. I just pour it over the chicken and bake in the oven. Easy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"