Pre-School and Daycare
Options

what do you think?

My DD goes to daycare 3x week and is in Pre-K...on the weekends she is always asking to play with other kids....we don't really have anyone on our block that she can play with. I put some notes in a four of the girls cubbies at school seeing if they would be interested in having a play date.....not one of them responded!!! MY DD has had some problems with the one little girl but I thought it was resolved...do you think its the parents not wanting to have the play date or the kids? I just feel bad but then i thought maybe people don't do this with kids from daycare....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: what do you think?

• Options
    It's probably the parents more than the kids. It most likely isn't anything personal against you or your little one. I know for my family we are stretched pretty thin. To try to fit in a play date with someone from daycare who I don't know very well is not high on my to do list. If I make a playdate for DS, it's usually with my family or friends who I want to visit while kiddos play.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yeah I was kind of thinking that too....we are going to be signing her up for a dance class that starts in two weeks!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My DS1 is constantly bugging me for play dates on the weekend. You'd think spending time with his family would be enough.

That said, a lot of parents don't frequently check the cubbies (me for one). Also, try offering a drop off playdate. Parents might be more interested in that so they don't socialize but maybe drop off for an hour or two. Lastly, try to just talk to the parents in person and exchange phone numbers.

Don't take it personally. People are busy and especially on the weekends and at this age, there are a lot of b day parties, etc. Keep trying.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would guess that is is the parents and not the kids.  I have found over the years that some families just want family time on the weekends or are busy with other things, especially if there are other siblings.  I have 2 kids (ages almost 5 and 6 1/2 years) and between the birthday parties, Sunday School for the older one and then family events, we are very busy.  We do have play dates from time to time but we typically only do them with kids that my kids are good friends with.    Back in the daycare days (kids went FT and preschool was at daycare so the same kids), we would see 2-3 of the familes outside of daycare and would typically do a group outting so it was a handful of families and all the kids.    Now with my girls not at daycare and in PreK and K at the elementary, I think we have had about 5 paydates total all year.  Each of the girls has been invited to 7-9 parties and we have gone to most of them.  That doesn't count for play dates but that is on average 1-2 parties per month per child during the school year.  Also back in the daycare years, the families we did play dates with were the ones that we had gotten to know better at daycare family events or by seeing each other daily at drop-off and pick-up and never with the random family that we really didn't know.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

imagebrettsmama:
    It's probably the parents more than the kids. It most likely isn't anything personal against you or your little one. I know for my family we are stretched pretty thin. To try to fit in a play date with someone from daycare who I don't know very well is not high on my to do list. If I make a playdate for DS, it's usually with my family or friends who I want to visit while kiddos play.

This

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"